I didn’t plan on making a pumpkin loaf this year but after seeing your reaction over that Dark Chocolate Marble Sweet Potato Loaf, I couldn’t resist. Plus a handful of you were asking when it was coming and I always do my best to create the recipes that YOU are looking for and get excited about.
This Easy Paleo Pecan Crumble Pumpkin Loaf is the ultimate sweet pumpkin-y loaf. It has a pecan crumble on top that is too die for.
I use all paleo ingredients for this loaf making it gluten, grain and dairy-free. It is also nut free-friendly if you use sunflower seed butter and coconut milk instead of the almond milk you’ll see below. Plus this loaf has zero refined sugars despite the sweet pecan crumble topping!
I also add collagen peptides to the loaf for an extra nutritional boost. I have collagen peptides every single day in one form or another. I usually add it to my smoothies, hot tea, anything. I use the unflavored varieties for the most part so I can switch up how I consume it. You don’t even taste it and I am sitting here eating pumpkin bread that is actually doing my hair, skin, nails and digestion some good!
WHAT YOU NEED
- 3 eggs
- 1.5 cups pumpkin puree
- 1 tablespoon liquid coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup creamy almond butter
- 2 tablespoons almond milk
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup or honey
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1-2 scoops Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- 1/4 cup coconut oil or grass-fed butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a bread dish well
- In a small bowl, combine pecan crumble ingredients and mix well and place in fridge
- Whisk together eggs, pumpkin, coconut oil, vanilla extract, almond butter, almond milk, maple syrup together with a hand mixer in a large bowl
- In a small bowl, mix coconut flour, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder and peptides
- Add dry ingredients to wet and mix well
- Pour onto greased bread dish and top with crumble mixture
- Add onto the bread and bake in oven for 30 minutes then remove and cover with tinfoil and bake for another 15-20 minutes (use toothpick to see if ready, it may take a bit!)
- Let it cool before cutting, I didn't the first time and crumbled a bit!
- *This loaf is not going to rise as much as a traditional bread as it is made with coconut flour. it will be about 3-4 inches high!
Thank you Vital Proteins for sponsoring this post. It means so much to me to work with brands that I love and who support rachLmansfield!