Low key freaking out over this Paleo Red Velvet BROWNIE PIE! It is my absolute pride and joy right now.
I am a sucker for any red velvet flavored anything (as you have seen here). I love the chocolatey taste and honestly am convinced it is just more fun to eat dessert that is called red velvet. You feel fancy af and it looks gorgeous.
I recently shared this brownie pie at a dinner party I was hosting to my two girlfriends. I didn’t tell them anything that was in it and gave it to them for dessert. After they swooned over it, I asked if they could taste anything off or weird about it. They didn’t think so at all (they are honest, they would have told me!), and I was amped.
There is a secret ingredient in this red velvet brownie pie you guys. I used BEETS to make them red velvet and add some extra nutrients to the dessert. I used Love Beets Organic Cooked Beets and they do not overpower it and you really don’t taste them. But you are eating veggies and dessert at the same time…CRAZY!
I love Love Beets products. Their organic cooked beets, marinated baby beets, beet powder and juices are all amazing. And right now they are having a “mixing up the beet” campaign! They are helping us discover how many ways we can mix up beets and use them in our recipes. Just like this red velvet brownie pie. #mixupthebeet is also hosting a sweepstakes where you can win a Vitamin Legacy 7500 series (5 winners will win!!). The sweepstakes ends October 31, 2017. Head over to Love Beets to learn a bit more about the campaign.
So you can make this brownie pie, enter the sweepstakes and #mixupthebeet !
WHAT YOU NEED
Paleo Red Velvet Brownie Pie (made with beets!)
- 2 small roasted beets (I used Love Beets Organic)
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup maple syrup (honey will work too)
- 2 tablespoons liquid coconut oil
- 1/3 cup cacao powder
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease an 8 inch pie dish or skillet well with coconut oil
- Add all ingredients except dark chocolate chips to a blender and blend until ingredients are combined (there shouldn't be any lumps but do not over blend!)
- Fold in dark chocolate chips then pour onto greased baking dish
- Bake in oven for about 20 minutes or until ready
- Drizzle with extra chocolate and top with coconut flakes and cacao nibs if desired
Thank you Love Beets for sponsoring this post. It means so much to me to work with brands that I love and who support rachLmansfield!