Peanut Butter Cup Banana Bread Muffins. These may be a mouthful to say but just wait until you are eating one of these chocolate peanut butter banana muffins from heaven. You will probably go nuts.. just saying.
Working out in the morning is one of my favorite parts of my day. I usually work out around 9:30am (the luxury of working for myself). This allows me to take my time in the morning and have a leisurely breakfast, work a little then head out the door to a class. I also even go to the grocery store to pick up any necessities for recipes that day first before heading to work out. Can you tell I like to accomplish a lot in the morning yet?
My work outs usually consist of a barre or spin class. Those have been my two favorite forms of workouts for the past few months. Spin is usually how Jord and I exercise together, and barre is my go-to for solo time or with friends.
Last year I tried FlyWheel Sport’s FlyBarre class for the first time and was instantly addicted. It is truly unlike any other barre class out there because of the exercises you do throughout the class. This is most likely because it is such a tough work out. Their playlists are always on point and the instructors are extremely well trained and energetic. It constantly challenges me and is a good balance with my other favorite workouts as well. They also provide free water bottles for everyone, um hi amazing.
Since I have only done FlyBarre, I finally tried FlyWheel Sport’s FlyWheel class last weekend in East Hampton. Jord and I took Leah’s class and we absolutely loved it. The vibe was on point and we were able to sweat out our lobster rolls and tequila from the night before.
Also, since in spin class you burn a crap ton of calories, we were both starving the entire day. I always carry snacks in my backpack and luckily had brought these Peanut Butter Cup Banana Bread Muffins out east with us for the weekend. They are the perfect post work out fuel despite sounding super indulgent.
These Peanut Butter Cup Banana Bread Muffins bring us our two favorite things into one amazeballs recipe. I adapted these muffins from your favorite Paleo Chocolate Chip Banana Bread recipe. It is the most viewed recipe on the blog, so that tells me you babes are loving banana bread as much as I do.
Because these muffins are made with good-for-you ingredients, you can absolutely eat them as pre or post work out snack. I probably will be eating these on repeat until I get sick of them (ya right, like that would ever happen).
Same as the Paleo Chocolate Chip Banana Bread, these muffins are made up of coconut four and coconut oil from Better Body Foods. I probably use their products in ever single one of my recipes because all of their goods are AMAZING. Since they sell coconut oil, coconut flour, powdered peanut butter, quinoa and more, Better Body Foods is a staple in my kitchen. Seems like I am a bit of an addict, but I’m not going to deny that 🙂
While I do not believe you will have any of these muffins left over, they do stay very well in the freezer for a couple of months. These also taste orgasmic fresh out of the oven. You will thank me later…
[bctt tweet=”Grain & dairy-free Peanut Butter Cup Banana Bread Muffins” username=”rachLmansfield”]
- 3 medium/large ripe bananas mashed
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter (any nut butter will work)
- 3 eggs at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup, agave or honey
- 1 tablespoon melted & cooled coconut oil
- Splash of vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup + 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
- Sprinkle of cinnamon
- 1/2 cup of dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 and line or spray a muffin tray with liners
- Place wet ingredients in a medium mixing bowl and mix with kitchen aid
- Once mixed well, add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and continue to mix with kitchen aid
- Fold in dark chocolate chips once everything is mixed well (I also saved some to sprinkle on top)
- Bake in oven for 20 minutes or until ready (I stick toothpick in and if it comes out clean you are set)
- You can drizzle extra peanut butter and sprinkle chocolate chips on top as well
- Keep in fridge for about 7 days in container or tinfoil or freeze for longer!
Thank you Better Body Foods for sponsoring this post. It means so much to me to work with brands that I love and who support rachLmansfield!