Fun fact. S’mores are hands down my favorite dessert EVER.
Okay, so I guess that’s not too fun but like they are seriously the best. When I was younger my Mom would make them for me in the oven all the time. Then I started making them over the stove too in the winter when Jord and I started living together.
I am also pretty particular about my s’mores (shocker). I don’t like the marshmallows to be burnt. They have to be golden brown, just a little toasted. Basically enough for it to smooth perfectly into my s’mores and melt the chocolate.
Oh and I also will only eat s’mores with dark chocolate. Milk chocolate is so not my thing basically because it just tastes too milky for me. Dark chocolate doesn’t melt as easily but it tastes 100x better in a s’more. If you want to get real crazy you can even use a dark chocolate peanut butter cup.
Because of my endless love for peanut butter & jelly, I have been making these Peanut Butter & Jelly S’mores recently.
First of all, this combination is UNREAL. Like, melt-in-your-mouth amazingness is going to happen when you take a bite of these. They also take like two seconds to make. Okay, not actually two seconds but you get the point. All you have to do is preheat your oven, assemble each graham cracker square and pop them in the oven. Probably the easiest dessert you can make ever and clean up is minimal.
After I made these for the first time I couldn’t stop. Not to mention I also had these for lunch when I made them. Oops. I guess that is the best part of being an adult right? But when you have a handful of recipes to make for the blog, sometimes you just have to eat Peanut Butter & Jelly S’mores for lunch. No complaints here. It is also kind of like a sandwich, right? Don’t answer that.
Finally if you do make these s’mores, don’t forget to tag me on social media! I can’t wait to see how you babes enjoy these too. Oh and these are vegan AND gluten-free. Okay, nuts I know.
[bctt tweet=”PB&J S’mores that are vegan, gluten free and DELISH!” username=”rachLmansfield”]
- 4 graham cracker sleeves (or 8 graham cracker halves)
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter (or your favorite nut butter)
- 2 tablespoons jelly (I used strawberry)
- 4 marshmallows (I used vegan ones found at Whole Foods)
- 4 dark chocolate squares
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper or tin foil
- Break the 4 graham cracker sleeves in half if already not broken in half
- On 4 halves, evenly distribute jelly and peanut butter on one side
- On the other 4 halves, add dark chocolate squares and top with marshmallow
- Leaving open-faced, place baking tray in oven for 5 minutes (or until marshmallows are done to your liking)
- Make s'mores sandwiches and enjoy immediately!