Cold weather means I will finally start turning on my oven again. Living in a studio apartment, it gets real hot real fast when that oven is on. But now that October is here that means more warm hearty foods and cooler temperatures to allow my endless baking spree to commence.
You may remember my Chocolate Peanut Butter Baked Oatmeal, Coconut Cashew Baked Oatmeal & the original Berry Baked Oatmeal. Baked Oatmeals are one of the easiest things to make. You mix all of the ingredients in just ONE bowl and pour it into a pie dish, bake for 40 minutes and voila! You have yourself a Baked Oatmeal.
This one is pumpkin flavored (of course) since every thing around us is pumpkin flavored but I promise this actually tastes good. Unlike the random pumpkin popcorn and pumpkin gum I have seen around (not kidding).
I made this recipe using Earnest Eat’s Hot Cereal American Blend. It has almonds, cranberries and flax that they combine with their Superfood grain blend of Oats, Pepitas and Amaranth and Sunflower Seeds. The ingredients just scream comfort and nutrition to me. Not to mention they are all non-GMO and vegan.
And finally, here is the recipe for the hearty and seasonal Pumpkin Spice Baked Oatmeal. It’s going to take me some time getting used to orange and other fall colors again in my food but it sure does taste DELISH!
- 2 cups of Earnest Eats Hot Cereal American Blend
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 1/4 cup of almond milk
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup of organic canned pumpkin
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- Sprinkle of pumpkin pie spice
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
- Spray your pie dish with cooking spray
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl
- Pour oat mixture onto greased pie dish
- Bake in the oven for about 35-40 minutes or until the top of the oatmeal looks golden and crispy
- Let it cool for a few moments and serve while still warm.
- Feel free to add some nut butter, greek yogurt or whipped cream on top