As you babes found out in my Paleo Carrot Cake Pancakes recipe, I am not exactly a huge fan of carrots.
The only way I eat them is when they are hidden in sweet things (like cake and pancakes) so I can barely taste them. I pick them out of salads, hate when they are in my vegetable sushi rolls and no matter how much hummus I smear on top, I just can’t eat them!
Carrot Cake is one of my personal favorite desserts plus Jord loves it too. The chunks of walnuts and coconut seriously hits the spot every time.
I had never heard of or had raw carrot cake before and since June is finally here, I am not trying to turn the oven on in my studio when it is hot out. Jord wasn’t totally into the whole “raw carrot cake” idea but after he ate one, he was pleasantly surprised.
It only takes a few minutes to prep these Raw Carrot Cake Bars before you pop them in the fridge for a half hour or so. Plus they are smeared with a homemade vegan Cashew Cream Frosting that is actually too die for. I was throwing random things in my food processor hoping it would turn out like a frosting.
I combined Better Body Food’s coconut oil and agave with soaked cashews and nut milk to make the frosting extra creamy and flavorful. You definitely need to pulse it in the food processor for a bit so that it gets as creamy as possible.
I am pretty sure Better Body Foods is in 95% of the recipes on my blog. They sell everything we need from quinoa to coconut oil to powder peanut butter and more. Similar to what this blog preaches, BBF also believes in eating food that is good for you and tastes amazing. Needless to say, without this brand, some of these recipes wouldn’t exist!
[bctt tweet=”Easy No-Bake & Raw Carrot Cake Bars with Cashew Cream Frosting” username=”rachLmansfield”]
- 1/2 cup of pitted and soften dates
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup shredded or chopped carrots (use organic if possible)
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 cup raw walnuts
- Pinch of ginger
- Pinch of nutmeg
- Pinch of cinnamon
Cashew Cream Frosting
- 3/4 cup raw cashews soaked overnight in warm water
- 1.5 tablespoons coconut oil melted and cooled
- 2 tablespoons agave (raw honey or maple syrup will work)
- 1 tablespoons unsweetened almond milk (or any milk)
- Carrot Cake:
- Add all ingredients to food processor and pulse until dough is formed
- Grease an 8x8 baking dish with coconut oil and press dough into the dish to form bars (it will only take up ⅔ of the dish)
- Pop into the freezer and begin making Cashew Cream Frosting
- Cashew Cream Frosting:
- Add all ingredients to food processor and pulse until completely creamy
- Layer on top of the carrot cake bars and pop back into freezer for about 30-40 minutes to set
- Cut into bars and enjoy!
- Will stay good in fridge for 7 days or freezer for months!