You know whoopie pies? Those pillowy cookies with icing or cream in the middle? Well this basically the vegan and raw version of that. It’s so simple and SO easy to make. Like seriously guys, one of the easiest recipes ever. Not like any of these recipes on here are difficult, but you get what I mean. These are so perfect for the warmer weather since they are no bake too. Plus you can be lazy and just eat and make the cookie part if you really wanted.
The cookie of these Cashew Cream Oatmeal Cookie Sandwiches are made up of oats, dates, coconut oil and maple syrup. Yup, probably the easiest ingredients ever. The cream on the inside is made of soaked cashews, coconut flakes, almond milk and maple syrup.
Like what is happening right now. An overly complicated sounding dessert that is actually the easiest dessert EVER to make. You can make a batch and pop them in the freezer for months, or just leave them in the fridge and devour them in a few days like we did.
Also if you don’t make the cashew cream you can 100% use your favorite nut butter instead. We all know that would be straight up A-M-A-Z-I-N-G. Or even dipped in chocolate. Oh my gosh, I am basically thinking out-loud right now but I am not pissed about it.
[bctt tweet=”Vegan Oatmeal Cookie Sandwiches with Cashew Cream, made with NO oven!” username=”rachLmansfield”]
- 1/2 cup cashews soaked overnight in warm water
- 1/3 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1.5 tablespoons almond milk (or any milk)
- 1.5 tablespoons maple syrup (honey or agave should work, I haven't tested)
- 1 cup old fashioned oatmeal
- 20 pitted medjool dates, soften
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- In your food processor, pulse together cashew cream ingredients
- Once they are blended together, place into a small tupperware and place in fridge
- Wipe out the food processor (no need to fully clean) then add the cookie ingredients and pulse
- Once ingredients are fully combined, form into cookie shapes, I rolled each into a ball then flatten (I used about 2 tablespoons per cookie)
- Lay each cookie on a cutting board and begin building sandwiches with the cream
- Finally once done, pop in the fridge for about 20 minutes then enjoy!
- Will stay good for about 5 days in the fridge