Well it is official. I have found my favorite new way to eat strawberries.
Yup, this is HUGE friends. No longer will I be able to eat a strawberry again and not think of this yogurt bowl because roasted strawberries are my newest obsession.
In case you haven’t noticed, I am a bit crazy over strawberries. They are always in our fridge during the summer and in the winter time, I am basically in a depression because organic and juicy strawberries are seriously rare.
This Roasted Strawberry Yogurt Bowl is paired with my homemade Coconut Granola. It is completely vegan, gluten-free and super easy to make. The coconut granola is SO easy to make but first, let’s chat about these roasted strawberries.
We have two ways we can look at making roasted strawberries. First we can make them in the oven like you would any vegetable and let it bake/roast/whatever you prefer. Or you can take the easy way out and cook them over the stove top. Because of the insane heat these past few days in NYC, I chose the later. Either way they will turn out deliciously juicy and perfect for this yogurt bowl. I highly recommend using fresh strawberries and not frozen for this. The texture of the strawberries just turns out better than when I made this with frozen strawberries the first time.
Now, this coconut granola is suurrriously amazing. I used Modern Oats Coconut Almond Oatmeal. It is my most favorite oat mixture filled with gluten-free whole grain rolled oats, coconut, almonds and chia seeds. I added a bit more of some of my favorite mix-in’s and natural sweeteners as well but feel free to use anything you prefer. Modern Oats is a go-to product in our home. Jord is also obsessed and takes it for breakfast often in the morning. All you need are the container of oats, hot water or milk and BOOM – you have breakfast. I also love mixing in some extra nut butter or toppings if I am eating it plain. Pro tip: add some dark chocolate chips in when it is hot and you will have a melty chocolatey deliciousness first thing in the morning. But seriously, what is not to love about that?
This bowl is probably going to be my breakfast on repeat for the next few weeks. It is so summery and sweet to enjoy in the morning or as a snack.
Finally, if you babes decide to make this Roasted Strawberry Yogurt Bowls with Coconut Granola, don’t forget to tag me on social media. I love seeing you make your favorite treats from the blog, it seriously makes me so happy! Also it helps me know what recipes you really love and what you like to make.
[bctt tweet=”Roasted Strawberry Yogurt Bowls with Vegan Coconut Granola” username=”rachLmansfield”]
- 1 cup Modern Oats coconut almond oatmeal (or any oatmeal)
- 1/4 cup flaxseeds
- 1/4 cup coconut flakes
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup, agave or raw honey
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Yogurt of choice
- Preheat medium skillet with maple syrup (or your sweetener of choice) and coconut oil
- In a small bowl mix together oatmeal, coconut flakes and flax seeds
- Once it is a liquid, add oatmeal, coconut flakes and flax seeds and mix well
- Toast on skillet for about 10 minutes on medium heat, stir frequently
- Once ready, add to lined baking tray
- As granola is cooling, begin roasting strawberries by adding coconut oil to the skillet followed by strawberries
- Stir well and cook for 5-8 minutes, until strawberries soften
- Finally, assemble granola, strawberries and yogurt of choice in a bowl, enjoy!
Thank you Modern Oats for sponsoring this post. It means so much to me to work with brands that I love and who support rachLmansfield!