I love salmon. Like the love and obsession is real people. There is nothing better than wild salmon for dinner with fresh veggies and grains or salmon sushi rolls, salmon burgers, anything. Especially as someone who doesn’t eat meat, I am always making different things with my fishes.
When I found out about farm-raised fish, it’s like my heart broke. I only eat wild salmon unless I am in a restaurant and have no choice.
This Sesame Ginger Salmon Rice Bowl is my JAM lately. It is packed with healthy fats, protein, fiber and tastes amazing. Plus the fact that this salmon is marinated in sesame ginger dressing, UGH so dreamy. I can bathe in ginger dressing. TMI? Gross? Oh well because I seriously love an asian ginger dressing. It is my favorite from sushi restaurants, at the salad place, sweet green, etc. I have never been able to find one that even compares until I tried Tessemae’s Organic Sesame Ginger Dressing.
Their Sesame Ginger Dressing is absolutely AMAZING. Plus it is organic, made with all clean ingredients and it is dairy-free, no sugar added and it is gluten-free! It compliments the flavors in this bowl so well.
You may recognize Tessemae’s from the Open-face Avocado Grilled Cheese and those Baked Buffalo Cauliflower Burgers. Two of your favorite recipes that have been on the the blog ever. I mean I can’t blame you, anything you put Tessemae’s products on is too die for.
This bowl is perfect to take for lunch, eat for dinner, anything. And don’t be turned off if you are grill-less because living in NYC, we don’t have a grill. I have been broiling my salmon and it doesn’t stink up my apartment! It is seriously the best way to make salmon indoors and not make your sheets and couch reek of fish (the cons of living in a studio!).
Finally if you make this dish, share it with me! Tag me on social media or comment below 🙂
Sesame Ginger Salmon Rice Bowl
- 1/2 - 1 cup dry white rice (I used jasmine rice but anything works, even brown)
- 2 pieces of wild salmon
- 1 5 ounce package of baby spinach
- 1 avocado, diced into cubes
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 3 tablespoons Tessemae's Sesame Ginger Dressing/Marinade
- 2 stems of scallions, chopped
- 1 cucumber, spiralized or sliced
- Prep the rice according to instructions, I made 1 cup of dry rice and just saved some for another meal
- My rice instructions were to combine 1 cup of dry rice with 1.5 cusp water in medium sauce pan and bring to boil then reduce to simmer, cover and cook for 15 minutes so water absorbs
- While the rice cooks, preheat the oven to broil on high for the salmon
- Line a baking dish or tray with parchment paper and grease well
- Add salmon (with skin side on parchment paper) and glaze with 1.5 tablespoons of Tessemae's Sesame Ginger Dressing/Marinade
- Place salmon in oven on top rack and broil for 2-3 minutes then add the other 1.5 tablespoons of Tessemae's Sesame Ginger Dressing/Marinade and 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Broil for another 2-3 minutes then remove and de-skin
- Begin sautéing the spinach in a medium pan for 2-3 minutes or until cooked to your liking
- In two bowls, distribute the white rice, cooked spinach, avocado, cucumbers and top with a piece of salmon on each
- Sprinkle chopped scallions and sesames on each and enjoy!
Thank you Tessemae’s for sponsoring this post. It means so much to me to work with brands that I love and who support rachLmansfield!