Can you believe this is the very first granola recipe on the blog? Granola is a staple in my everyday diet, so the fact that I have never made one before is a little perplexing. My only thought is that I love so many different granolas at the store so I never felt the need to actually make my own before. Plus granola recipes usually call for about 18,239,455 different ingredients that I really don’t feel like buying to make ONE recipe. Who else notices that? Every granola recipe I have ever drooled over needs so many ingredients to make it, so I immediately forget about it.
Until this Stovetop Oatmeal Raisin Cookie Granola. It only calls for 6 ingredients that you most likely already have in your kitchen. It is ready in less than 25 minutes and pairs so amazingly with your favorite nut milk, yogurt, fruit or just to eat plain as a snack (which is what I usually end up doing).
I’m sure when you imagine making granola, you assume it will be baked in the oven. But not this one, this Stovetop Oatmeal Raisin Cookie Granola is made oven free. All you need is your favorite skillet and the 6 ingredients. It is also gluten-free & vegan as well.
Agave and coconut oil are the sweeteners I used in this granola. For both ingredients, I used Better Body Food’s. For those of you who don’t know about Better Body Foods, they sell a variety of organic products that are essential in your kitchen. Everything from coconut sugar to quinoa to powdered peanut butter and more! They sell nothing but quality organic products that are extremely versatile. I recently made these 3-ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies using their coconut sugar too (highly recommend it).
In addition to the agave and coconut oil, let’s go through the other key ingredients:
Chia seeds (I used Better Body Foods as well)
Oats (currently obsessing over this oat combo)
[bctt tweet=”6-ingredient Vegan & Gluten-free Stovetop Oatmeal Raisin Cookie Granola “]
- 2 tablespoons of Better Body Foods Agave
- 1 tablespoon of Better Body Foods Coconut Oil
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 1 cup oatmeal of your choice (I used a blend of gluten free oats, quinoa flakes and amaranth flakes)
- 2 tablespoons Better Body Foods Chia Seeds (or any you have)
- 1/3 cup raisins
- optional: sprinkle of cinnamon
- Place agave, coconut oil and almond butter on a medium size skillet or sauce pan of your choice
- Turn the heat to medium/medium high and let the ingredients melt so there is a "sauce" of sorts in the skillet (make sure you stir frequently to prevent sticking)
- Combine oatmeal, chia seeds and raisins in a bowl
- Once wet ingredients are fully melted, add the oatmeal mixture to the skillet
- Turn heat to medium/medium-low and gently mix together
- Stir frequently (about every minute or so) to make sure the granola is cooking on all sides (you want to make sure it's golden on all sides)
- Let the granola cook over the stovetop for about 10-15 minutes, until you see it is golden brown and doesn't feel soft
- Turn off and remove from heat, and let the granola sit in the skillet for about 10-15 minutes to cool
- Pair with your favorite, milk, yogurt or just eat plain
- Store in fridge for about a week or two