The Easiest Chocolate Chunk Oatmeal Cookies made with all gluten-free, egg-free and dairy-free ingredients for a quick and easy healthy oatmeal cookie recipe!
There is no such thing as too many cookie recipes. Especially during baking session aka right now. Except I have been in baking session for the past three months testing all the holiday cookies and treats for you guys!
I love testing new recipes for you to enjoy and whip up, but I also love putting a healthy spin on a classic like we are in these Chocolate Chunk Oatmeal Cookies. They are the easiest oatmeal cookie ever to make and they’re gluten-free, egg-free and have no refined sugar in them (heck YES!).
I also add an extra boost in these cookies with collagen peptides. You guys know how much I love to sneak collagen peptides into my recipes, especially baking! It dissolves right into the batter, doesn’t add any taste and you are get to add extra protein and collagen to the treat. If you are scratching your head wondering what collagen peptides are, check out this blog post here! I use Vital Protein’s collagen (it is my favorite) and now I can gladly feast on this batch and get my extra nutrients in.
These cookies are made with a few simple ingredients and they are a great option for anyone who has a gluten, egg or dairy allergy. We are using ingredients like creamy almond butter, gluten-free oat flour and sprouted rolled oats to make them! No refrigeration necessary for the dough so the cookies are ready in 15 minutes start to finish (including the making of the dough!).
I cannot wait to hear what you think of these Chocolate Chunk Oatmeal Cookies. Don’t forget to tag me on Instagram if you make them and dip them in some coconut or almond milk to make them even more dreamy.
The Easiest Chocolate Chunk Oatmeal Cookies (gluten-free)
- 1 cup creamy almond butter (or any nut butter)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2/3 cup gluten-free oat flour (or sub spelt flour or brown rice flour)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/3 cup non-dairy milk
- 2 tablespoons Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides (or omit if not using but they don't add any flavor, just a good BOOST of nutrients!)
- 1/2 cup sprouted rolled oats
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chunks or chips
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- In a large bowl, mix together the almond butter, vanilla extract, coconut sugar and cinnamon with a hand mixer (or just very well by hand!)
- Add in the oat flour, baking powder, milk and collagen peptides and mix again
- Fold in the oats and dark chocolate chips and mix evenly
- Scoop about 2 tablespoons of dough per cookie onto baking sheet with parchment paper and gently press cookie down so it flattens a bit (not like a pancake just a little!)
- Sprinkle sea salt on top and bake in oven for 10-12 minutes
- Allow the cookies to cool for 10 minutes then remove from tray and enjoy!
Will stay good in airtight container for 5 days or freeze for up to 2 months!
Thank you Vital Proteins for sponsoring this post! It means so much to me to partner with brands I love and believe in on the blog!