Ever since I shared that Simply Epic Homemade Flaxseed Bread earlier in the summer, you guys have been asking for a grain-free option.
I seriously love when you have recipe requests because it helps to inspire what I should test in the kitchen next. I can only hope you guys are craving the same thing as me when I’m brainstorming recipe ideas, so knowing you have something in mind is so helpful.
This Homemade Paleo Seed Bread is seriously too easy to make. It has me wondering why I haven’t been making my own paleo bread for forever. Granted it’s not the type of bread you toast as easily or pack for a sandwich, but it is dayum good. It also is a bit thicker and more dense kind of like a banana bread of sorts. I love using it with both sweet and savory toppings or pairing it with soups, eggs, anything. Even Jord approved (that isn’t always easy friends!).
The base of this easy peasy bread is Garden of Life Organic Ground Flaxseed. Aka the best flaxseed in the game. It comes in a meal form, kind of like a flour of sorts. I mixed it with some almond flour, chia seeds and hemp seeds so there is a great amount of healthy fats, fiber and protein in the bread. It keeps me full and satisfied, which I love since I’m always craving all the breads.
I do use pasture-raised eggs in this recipe and do not recommend subbing vegan eggs here. Since flaxseed already is a huge part of the base, the consistency would be pretty off. I can work on a plant-based option or egg-free version soon if that is of interest?!
I hope you guys love this recipe has much as I do and if you do make this easy homemade Paleo Seed Bread, share with me on Instagram! If you’re looking for a few other recipes using Garden of Life’s products, I have a few for ya: Paleo Pumpkin Mousse Shortcakes, Fluffy Vegan Pancakes and 6-ingredient Vegan Chocolate Scones.
The Easiest Homemade Paleo Seed Bread
- 4 pasture-raised eggs (I don't recommend any egg subs in this bread)
- 3/4 cup unsweetened non-dairy milk
- 2 cups Garden of Life Organic Ground Flaxseed
- 2/3 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds
- 4 tablespoons Garden of Life Organic Chia Seeds
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup chopped raw almonds (or any nut) for topping
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease a loaf pan well or add parchment paper
- Whisk together the eggs and milk in small bowl and set aside
- Mix together the flaxseed meal, almond flour, hemp seeds, chia seeds and baking powder then pour in the wet ingredients until smooth and well combined
- Pour into loaf pan then sprinkle with chopped almonds
- Bake in oven for 30-35 minutes or until ready (stick a tooth pick in!)
Store in airtight container for 5 days or freeze for 2 months