Lately I have been a fan of the super easy, fast and tasty meals. Aka the ones you don’t need to prep much for and can whip up using what you have in the fridge.
Today I present to you, The Easiest Waffled Veggie Panini ever. Who knew waffling your bread makes it 100x more fun to eat? Call me crazy but it has been my fave addition to the homemade panini.
Now let’s walk through what is even in this mash up. I use whatever bread I have on hand. Usually an organic sprouted or sour dough variety and smear it with a flavorful condiment of sorts like this special sauce. I add some grilled halloumi or a non-dairy cheese if that is what I’m craving with fresh avocado, a sweet potato hash brown (or veggie burger too) and always always some organic GREENS from Organic Girl.
I keep a variety of Organic Girl greens in the fridge at all times. That way I can sneak in a variety of kinds throughout the day and it keeps things exciting. My three faves are the baby spinach, baby arugula and the new rebel greens. It’s so easy to add their triple-washed greens to pretty much anything. A smoothie, scrambled eggs, sandwich, pizza, whatever you’re whipping up!
Organic Girl sells literally every green that I could want. I use them in a variety of recipes on the blog. A few of my faves are: Crispy Thick-Cut Fries with Supergreen Guacamole, Vegan Rainbow Rolls with Spicy Almond Butter Sauce and Whole30 Loaded Veggie Burgers.
Don’t forget to share this panini with me when you make it over on Instagram! I cannot wait to hear what you think.
The Easiest Waffled Veggie Panini (gluten-free)
- 2 slices gluten-free bread of choice
- 2 tablespoons special sauce (or condiment of choice)
- 1/2 cup Organic Girl REBEL Greens
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- Grilled halloumi (or your preferred dairy or non-dairy cheese)
- 1/2 cup organic mashed sweet potato (or a veggie burger of sorts works!)
- Avocado oil or grass-fed butter for greasing
- Heat your waffle iron per instructions (if you don't have one, just toast the bread in toaster or in a skillet
- Grease each slice of bread with avocado oil or grass-fed butter then one and at time, "waffle" the bread
- Once ready, smear some special sauce on top and add the avocado, greens, halloumi and sweet potato
- Add special sauce on the second slice of bread then add to sandwich, slice and enjoy while warm!
Thank you Organic Girl for sponsoring this post! It means so much to me to partner with brands I love and believe in!