Toasted Almond Grain-free Pancakes made with almond flour for a deliciously simple breakfast!
It’s Monday people but that isn’t stopping pancakes over here.
These Toasted Almond Grain-free Pancakes are happening. They are a new crowd favorite over here. The sweetness of the toasted almonds, mix of grain-free flours suurrriously get me excited. They also had me salivating before going to my more barre class.
Unfortunately Jord wasn’t able to enjoy these as much as me since Whole30 is still going on. Poor thing. Pancakes are his favorite!
One of the things I don’t get about Whole30 is you can’t eat any pancakes even if the ingredients are compliant. It is something about the “concept” of eating pancakes that isn’t okay.
I have to say the whole breakfast part of this 30 day reset has been the toughest. Jord has been eating a done of chia pudding, eggs and a smoothie bowl here and there. No banana breads, no pancakes, no granola, no OATMEAL. Like I can’t even deal. Needless to say, I will likely not be doing a Whole30 any time soon. For those of YOU who are interested/want to learn more about this, we are going to be doing an Instagram live on 2/19 at 8pm EST so save the date!
But back to these pancakes…
They are everything we are craving and more. So simple to make, minimal ingredients and the flavors are on point. I have a bit of a pancake obsession in case you didn’t notice yet. Those Flourless Peanut Butter Cup Pancakes were the best, then the Blueberry Lemon, Dark Chocolate Raspberry, YUM.
WHAT YOU NEED:
almond flour (don’t recommend a sub)
coconut flour (don’t recommend a sub)
eggs (I haven’t tested flax or chia)
- I haven’t tested any other flours here because I love the mix of the almond and coconut flavor, I know you will too!
- These are perfect to batch ahead of time and enjoy throughout the week. The stay really well in the fridge and you can eat cold or reheat.
Toasted Almond Grain-free Pancakes
- 1 and 3/4 cups almond flour
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Heat a medium skillet with a dash coconut oil and great pan
- Toss sliced almonds with cinnamon, coconut oil in a small bowl and evenly coat
- Add to pan and toast on medium heat for a few minutes, until fragrant
- In medium bowl, mix together eggs, vanilla and almond milk
- In another bowl, mix coconut flour, almond flour and baking powder then add to wet ingredients
- Grease a medium skillet with coconut oil or butter
- Heat to medium-high and make sure the skillet or pan is well greased
- Place 2 tablespoons of batter onto the skillet per pancake
- After cooking 2-3 minutes (the pancakes will start to bubble a little on the one side), flip pancake and cook for another 2-3 minutes
- Finally, enjoy with syrup, nut butter and fresh fruit!