Toasted Muesli Breakfast Bowl made with 7 ingredients & ready in just 15 minutes
I love a good crunch in my breakfast. Cereals, granolas (especially the clusters), I love a big bowl of cereal and granola with nut milk. And I don’t just eat it for breakfast. It’s one of my favorite snacks and especially one of my favorite late night snacks after a night out. Most people crave pizza and mozzarella sticks but your girl just wants all the cereals and granolas (shocker).
I’ve always wanted to experiment with muesli. I first tried it when I was in Paris with my family a few years ago. I was looking for granola at the breakfast bar to add to my yogurt and could only find muesli. I became obsessed. I love the different flavors and ingredients in muesli and how it was such a mix between granola and cereal.
Recently I tried Bob’s Red Mill’s Old Country Style Muesli. It is a delicious blend of whole grain rolled oats, wheat, rye, barley flakes, almond slivers, date crumbles, raisins, sunflower seeds and walnuts. It’s absolutely amazing to enjoy as a cold or hot cereal, but my favorite way to eat it is toasted.
I am sure you are familiar with Bob’s Red Mill as they are the powerhouse of amazing ingredients to cook and bake with. I can confidently say that without their quality products, my recipes wouldn’t be the same. They are one of the brands that I have authentically and organically loved for years (I mean hello, oats galore!).
Similar to my Stovetop Oatmeal Raisin Cookie Granola, I wanted to make an easy “granola-like” treat with the Muesli. I toasted it in a pan with some of my favorite natural sweeteners, nuts, seeds & more. It became crunchy and was such a different way to enjoy your traditional muesli.
I served my bowl with fresh berries and nut milk, but it would also go great with your favorite yogurt.
My favorite part of this recipe? You can make how much or how little you want. The recipe below serves 1 but you can double or triple it to make a big batch to keep on hand for a week. It is too easy and delicious not to.
[bctt tweet=”Toasted Muesli Breakfast Bowl made with 7 ingredients & ready in 15 minutes”]
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon raw honey
- 1/2 cup of Bob's Red Mill Muesli
- 1 tablespoon of chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon sliced almonds
- 1 tablespoon coconut flakes
- Sprinkle cinnamon
- Place raw honey, coconut oil and on a small/medium size skillet or sauce pan of your choice
- Turn the heat to medium/medium high and let the ingredients melt so there is a "sauce" of sorts in the skillet (make sure you stir frequently to prevent sticking)
- Combine muesli, coconut flakes, chia seeds, sliced almonds and cinnamon a bowl
- Once the honey/coconut oil mixture is fully melted, add the dry mixture to the skillet
- Turn heat to medium/medium-low and gently mix together
- Stir frequently (about every minute or so) to make sure the muesli is cooking on all sides (you want to make sure it's golden on all sides)
- Let the muesli cook over the stovetop for about 10-15 minutes, until you see it is golden brown and doesn't feel soft
- Turn off and remove from heat, and let the granola sit in the skillet for about 10-15 minutes to cool
- Enjoy with fresh fruit, milk or yogurt of your choice
This post contains affiliate links, which means that if you purchase a product through a link you clicked on here, I receive a portion of the sale. Thanks for supporting the blog and making rachLmansfield.com possible! xx