Posted by http://rachlmansfield.com/toasted-quinoa-superfood-breakfast-bars/
© 2017 rachLmansfield. All rights reserved.
Loading nutrition data...
Toasted Quinoa Superfood Breakfast Bars
2 hrs 5 mins
- 1.5 cup toasted quinoa, cooked and cooled (regular quinoa works too, I used iHeartKeenwah toasted quinoa and it is SO flavorful!)
- 1/2 cup coconut flakes
- 3 tablespoons chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons maca powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil, melted and cooled
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter (or any nut butter)
- 1/4 cup goji berries
- In a small sauce pan, melt together coconut oil and peanut butter
- Bring to a low boil then remove from heat, make sure all contents are melted together
- In a large bowl, combine quinoa, coconut flakes, chia seeds, maca, cayenne, cinnamon
- Pour liquid mixture in the bowl and cover contents, mix well
- Pour into a greased 8x8 dish (or similar size)
- Cover with foil and put in fridge for about 2-3 hours or fridge over night
- You can eat these softer out of fridge OR harder out of freezer, it's up to you!
- *Will stay good for about a week in fridge or freezer for a couple months!