Turmeric Cauliflower Rice Bowl with Crunchy Green Slaw, hot DAYUM!
This bowl has been on repeat for the past two weeks and we are not mad about it. I have been on a turmeric-everything kick the past few months and am always looking for new ways to sneak it into recipes. Then I tried Springbone’s turmeric cauliflower rice and fell in love. By the way, if you head over there try the new lamb bowl on the menu.. I promise you will love 😉
When I made turmeric cauliflower rice at home, I craved something crunchy and cool on top. I’m not a huge cole slaw person but ever since I tried Sir Kensington’s Fabanaise, I am obsessed. It is the first and only vegan mayo made with aquafaba and no eggs.
In case you’re wondering “what the beep is aquafaba?”, when chickpeas are cooked in water, they release starches and proteins that bind to make a perfect replacement for the eggs normally used to make mayo. It is such a crazy creative way to use something that normally just goes to waste.
Sir Kensington’s is pretty much genius to turn this into a mayo. They have two flavors of Fabanaise: Classic and Chipotle and they are both soy-free, non-GMO and vegan. I combine it with olive oil, kale, cabbage and some apple cider vinegar for a perfect savory crunchy green slaw to top your cauliflower rice with.
You can also add your favorite protein or even some chickpeas on top of this recipe for a little extra somethin’.
I recommend making this slaw in advanced and eating it the next day so they flavors really marinate.
WHAT YOU NEED
Apple cider vinegar
Turmeric Cauliflower Rice Bowl with Crunchy Green Slaw
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 head of cauliflower (pulsed into rice in food processor)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
Crunchy Green Slaw
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 cups shredded and de-stemed kale
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup Sir Kensington's Fabanaise
- Combine the green slaw ingredients in a medium bowl and mix well
- Put in fridge to marinate as you prepare the turmeric rice (the longer the slaw marinates the better!)
- In a medium skillet add olive and turn onto medium heat
- Add in cauliflower rice and sprinkle garlic and turmeric and mix well
- Cook for 3-5 minutes or until you liking (don't overcook or it will be soggy)
- Once ready, add Crunchy Green Slaw on top and enjoy! You can also add chicken or your favorite protein, avocado, seeds, etc!
Thank you Sir Kensington’s for sponsoring this post. It means so much to me to work with brands that I love and who support rachLmansfield!