Matcha is all craze at the moment. Clearly I fell for it and ordered Matcha powder online so I can try to make fancy lattes and drink it for some more superfood powers (like I need another superfood in my pantry). If you haven’t had Matcha before it’s a superfood green tea that comes in a powder form. It typically comes from Japan and is an enhanced/stronger green tea filled with super-antioxidants. It does have caffeine which I typically try to stay away from but a serving of Matcha is equal to half a cup of coffee (I can definitely handle that).
Now the taste of Matcha is not something everyone loves. It tastes very, well, green. When I drink it straight with water I try to add some almond milk and cinnamon so make it a little weaker as the green taste can be a little much for me at times.
Naturally I wanted to make Overnight Oats using Matcha (are you surprised?) So I added 1 teaspoon (that’s all you need a day) to my Overnight Oats prep last night. When I tasted it, it was most definitely a different taste for my oats but if you love Matcha and enjoy the taste of it, you will love these Matcha Overnight Oats.
- 1/2 cups of old fashioned oatmeal (can be gluten free if needed)
- 3/4 -1 cup of unsweetened vanilla almond milk (depends how thick you like it)
- 1 teaspoon of Matcha powder (I used Encha's Organic Premium)
- 1 tablespoon of chia seeds
- dash of vanilla extract
- dash of cinnamon
- Add oats, milk, matcha powder and chia seeds together into your mason jar or tupperware.
- Shake well.
- Add vanilla and cinnamon.
- Stir until mixed well.
- Leave in refrigerator over night.
Do any of you love Matcha? Hate it? Tell me!