I am seriously SO excited about this recipe right now. I was walking on the street the other day wondering what to make with butternut squash. As someone who isn’t totally obsessed with butternut squash, I don’t really crave it ever. Jord on the other hand loves it and asked me to buy it to make.
I thought to myself, “what can I make with this that we will both eat?”. Something pizza-ish would be perfect using it. Then I realized I hadn’t ever heard of or seen butternut squash pesto before. Pesto is always a fav on pizza so then boom – butternut squash pesto was born.
This isn’t a heavy garlic pesto, but more of a sweet pesto. In fact, it doesn’t even have any garlic in it. It’s sweet, smooth and so flavorful.
This butternut squash pesto is so DREAMY and the best pesto recipe for fall. Even all the butternut squash haters (like me) will love it. I put it on top of Simple Mill’s pizza and topped it with roasted chickpeas and Organic Girl Super Spinach! Every Sunday, I load up on Organic Girl’s Super Spinach. Like 2-3 containers always. Between that and their arugula, it’s pretty much the only way I get my daily greens.
Their super spinach goes perfectly on this pizza. Make it for dinner, lunch or even a delicious appetizer for a dinner party. This would actually be the best for Thanksgiving now that I am thinking about it. I am not one to love the Thanksgiving food so this would be BOMB to add, right?
I also served this when my parents were over and they loved it too. It’s a guaranteed crowd pleaser. You can even make the pesto and dip veggies and crackers in it, HELLO!
- 1 package of grain-free pizza crust (I used Simple Mills)
- 1.5 cups of roasted butternut squash
- 1 cup brazil nuts
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup water (or more to thin out if needed)
- Organic Girl Super Spinach
- 1/3 cup unsalted chickpeas
- Begin making the pesto, add all ingredients to food processor and blend until well combined
- Scope into a tupperware and set aside
- Prepare pizza crust according to instructions (I used a baking tray and preheated oven to 350 degrees)
- Spread butternut squash pesto on top (you may have extra left over)
- Followed by spinach and chickpeas
- Drizzle with avocado oil or olive oil and baking in oven per instructions
- Slice pizza and enjoy!
Thank you Organic Girl for sponsoring this post. It means so much to me to work with brands that I love and who support rachLmansfield!