And the Whole30 meals continue friends. You ask and you shall receive.
I am still not doing Whole30 nor do I plan on it, but I do love eating Whole30 meals sometimes. I bet most of us do and don’t even realize. The label of “Whole30” just sounds a lot more intimidating than it is (in my opinion!). I love fueling my body with real food that is simple, delicious and easy to prepare. This Veggie + Smoked Salmon Quiche with Sweet Potato Crust is just that.
Is there anything sweet potatoes can’t do though? That is the real question friends. I diced them up into small coin-like shapes and lined my skillet to create this dreamy quiche.
One of my favorite savory pairings are eggs and smoked salmon, so when I saw the smoked salmon at the store, I couldn’t resist. I planned on making a veggie quiche but I am so happy I added some smoked salmon to the dish to make it a little extra flavorful and add that salty salmon taste that I love.
What I love about this quiche is that is is filled with veggies and is easy to prepare. You only need a few simple ingredients like sweet potatoes, eggs, nut milk, veggies and my most favorite greens, Organic Girl arugula! I pretty much sprinkle arugula over my life and Organic Girl makes the absolute best. It is triple washed and ready to eat and sprinkle over everything! Organic Girl makes every green you can dream of and as you have seen on the blog, they are a staple in my recipes! Hello Creamy Squash Pasta, Paleo Veggie Breakfast Waffles, Mint Cacao Chip Smoothie Bowl and more!
This quiche is prefect for a meal prep dish and you can eat it for breakfast, lunch or even dinner. I paired it with some of my favorite tortillas, chips or toast too to make it a bit heartier. I know that doesn’t make it “Whole30” but it sure does taste good for anyone not following the 30 day reset.
Don’t forget to check out the other handful of easy Whole30 recipes here on the blog!
WHAT YOU NEED
Smoked salmon (look for wild)
- 3 small sweet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 4 ounces of smoked wild salmon
- 1 cup roasted brussels sprouts
- 1/2 cup Organic Girl Spinach
- 1/2 cup caramelized onions
- 1/3 cup zucchini, sliced
- 1 cup Organic Girl Arugula
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Slice the sweet potatoes into thin slices in a circular shape
- Grease a cast iron skillet or 8-9 inch baking dish well
- Line the rim of the skillet with sweet potato pieces and the bottom of the skillet so it is covered (don't worry if there are spaces!)
- Drizzle avocado oil on top and sprinkle black pepper
- Bake in oven for 20 minutes
- Whisk together eggs and almond milk well
- Add roasted brussels sprouts, spinach, sliced lox, onions and zucchini on top of sweet potato
- Pour egg mixture on top and bake in oven for 30 minutes at 350 degrees
- Cover the quiche with foil then bake again until cooked through (about 15-20 minutes)
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with additional arugula, let it cool and enjoy!
- *Will stay good for 5 days in fridge. You can also freeze these for longer!
Thank you Organic Girl for sponsoring this blog post! I am so grateful to partner with brands I truly love and believe in here on the blog. xx