Posted by https://rachlmansfield.com/10-minute-crispy-green-falafels/
© 2018 rachLmansfield. All rights reserved.
Loading nutrition data...
10-minute Crispy Green Falafels
- 2.5 cups unsalted organic chickpeas (can be from can or after soaking dry chickpeas)
- 1/2 white onion
- 1 cup Organic Girl Rebel Greens
- 1/2 cup oat flour (or spelt flour)
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Optional parings: pita bread, greens, hummus, anything!
- First add all ingredients to food processor
- Pulse/blend until completely combined, it should form dough of sorts
- Heat a large skillet with avocado oil, ghee or butter and warm over medium heat
- Behind scooping about 2-3 tablespoons of falafel dough into your hand and form into small patties
- Add falafel to warmed skillet and repeat for the rest of the dough (you may need to do two batches depending on the size of your skillet)
- Cook for about 4 minutes on each side then remove from heat and enjoy with your favorite pita bread or on salad
*Will stay good for 5 days in fridge or a month or so in freezer, if you reheat these I recommend oven for best results*
*If you prefer to bake these in the oven, cook at 375 for about 10 minutes, flipping halfway through!