During the week my days are a little insane. I either am spending all day in the kitchen doing recipes, food styling and photographing for hours or bouncing from meeting to meeting.
Like most of us, I don’t really have time to prep a gourmet lunch everyday, even though that does sound quite nice. And meal prepping has been a life saver for me so that I don’t end up just eating bars and toast all day.
I love prepping different veggies, grains, meats, etc. in the beginning of the week and munching on them in different bowls for lunch and dinner during weekday craziness.
One of my most favorite go-to bowls right now is this 10-minute Taco Bowl with Black Bean Dip. It is a DREAM. Filled with healthy fats, protein, carbs and the easiest black bean dip, it is such a simple way to dress up any boring lunch.
When you get over the color of black bean dip (I mean, it looks kind of charcoal-like, I know), and add it to your food, you will love it. It goes so well in this bowl filled with quinoa, grass-fed beef, avocado, romaine and my favorite crunchy Harvest Snaps. I used the black bean ones and love the Mango Chile Lime flavor. They add protein, fiber, a flavor boost AND a crunch in this bowl. I love using them in place of a chip or tortilla strips to spice things up. You may remember their snap pea crisps from the Chickpea-less Beet Hummus.
The best part about this taco bowl? It only takes TEN minutes to make.
You can also just buy some Harvest Snaps and dip them into the black bean dip though too 🙂 Just sayin’…
WHAT YOU NEED
Cooked quinoa (or any grain)
Grass-fed beef (or any ground meat)
10-minute Taco Bowl with Black Bean Dip
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 10 mins
- Yield: About 3 bowls 1x
- Category: dairy-free, gluten-free
- Cuisine: lunch, dinner
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 lb grass-fed ground beef
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2–4 cups romaine lettuce
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 bag of Harvest Snaps Black Bean Snaps
- Black bean dip:
- 1 can black beans (organic and no salt added if possible)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 tablespoon avocado oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
- In a large pan, add a little avocado oil and turn onto medium heat
- Mix together spices in a small bowl then add to pan (or skillet) with the beef (use a spatula or utensil to break up the beef in the pan so it is crumbles
- Pour spices onto the beef and mix well
- Cook the beef for about 8 minutes or until it is cooked through
- While beef cooks, add the black bean dip ingredients to a food processor and pulse until combined and creamy (but thick)
- Once ready, assemble your taco bowls by adding romaine, avocado, Harvest Snaps, cooked beef and the black bean dip
- Salsa and other veggies would also be great in this
- *Black bean dip will stay good for about 5 days in fridge
Thank you Harvest Snaps for sponsoring this post. It means so much to me to work with brands that I love and who support rachLmansfield!