20-minute Healthy Teriyaki Meatballs
20-minute Healthy Teriyaki Meatballs made with 5 simple gluten-free ingredients for a quick and easy weeknight dinner recipe.
- Total Time: 20 mins
- Yield: Serves about 4 1x
- 1 lb grass-fed beef (or use ground turkey, chicken or pork!)
- 1/2 cup almond flour (almond meal also works or panko breadcrumbs)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons + 1/2 cup teriyaki sauce
- For serving: rice, cauliflower rice or desired sides
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and grease a cast iron skillet or line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- In a large bowl, mix together beef, flour, egg, ginger, garlic + teriyaki sauce until full combined
- Scoop about 2 tablespoons of meat into your hand and roll into a ball to form meatball and add to skillet. Repeat for remaining meat.
- Add to oven to bake for 15 minutes then remove and scoop away any excess fat if desired and add 1/2 cup of the sauce on top of meatballs and bake for another 5 minutes or until fully cooked
- Serve with desired base like rice, cauliflower rice, garnish with sesame seeds and scallions and enjoy!
*Store leftover meatballs in fridge for 5 days or freezer for 2 months