Pulses HEAVEN is about to go down right now.
Today I am sharing my 3 Favorite Pulse-Topped Lunch Bowls with you guys! In case you are wondering, “uh what in the world is a pulse?”, pulses are a part of the legume family. Pulse itself refers only to the dried seed. So dry peas, edible beans, lentils and chickpeas. Those are the most common varieties of pulses.
And why do I love them? They are very high in protein and fiber and are so easy to use. Pulses are also nitrogen-fixing crops that help improve the environmental sustainability of annual cropping systems. Cool right?
Pulses are part of the legume family, but the term “pulse” refers only to the dried seed. Dry peas, edible beans, lentils and chickpeas are the most common varieties of pulses. Pulses are very high in protein and fiber, and are low in fat. Like their cousins in the legume family, pulses are nitrogen-fixing crops that improve the environmental sustainability of annual cropping systems. Plus they are super affordable for anyone on a budget!
I am sharing my Chickpea Mediterranean Bowl, Black Bean Burrito Bowl and Black Lentil Buddha Bowl in this post. Each of these bowls has 1/2 cup of pulses in them. Why 1/2 cup? Well the pulses crew are having a Half-Cup Habit challenge where you eat 1/2 cup of pulses three times per week! So you can enjoy one of these bowls each day as a way to get your pulses in. There are also a handful of other delicious recipes on their site when you sign up for for the Half-Cup Habit.Print
My 3 Favorite Pulse-Topped Lunch Bowls
- Category: plant-based, gluten-free, grain-free
- Cuisine: lunch, dinner
- Chickpea Mediterranean Bowl
- 1 cup romaine
- 3 tablespoons roasted red peppers
- 3 tablespoons olives
- 2 tablespoons goat’s milk feta (or any you prefer)
- Creamy hummus
- 1/2 cup chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- Black Bean Burrito Bowl
- 3/4 cup romaine
- 1/4 cup quinoa
- 3 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1/2 cup black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/3 avocado, sliced
- Tortilla chips
- Black Lentil Buddha Bowl
- 1 cup kale (massaged with oil of choice)
- 1 roasted sweet potato
- 1 tablespoon black sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup cooked black lentils
- 1/3 avocado, diced
- Assemble each bowl with ingredients and enjoy!
- These make delicious meals to prep in advance for work or school. Enjoy with your dressings of choice!
Thank you USA Pulses and Pulse Canada for sponsoring this post. It means so much to me to work with brands that I love and who support rachLmansfield!