I never thought I would consider making my own nut butter before. I have always found the flavors I was looking for and even flavors I could have never imagined (like Honey Pretzel Crunch Peanut Butter, Pumpkin Spice Peanut Butter, Chocolate Hazelnut Butter, etc.)
But then, I realized I had never seen Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter before. How could no one ever combined life’s two greatest foods into one creamy spread before? Well not to worry my friends, Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter is here and it’s easier than ever to make. All you need are 3 ingredients and 5 minutes (yup that is it).
This Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter is creamy, sweet, salty, chocolatey and basically looks like cookie dough. You can spread it on top of toast, a bagel or mix it in oatmeal or on top of fruit. Or you can take a spoon and face plant in it like I did when I first made this. I’m convinced that since it looks like cookie dough, it makes me want to eat it plain – but hey no raw ingredients so we can.
Here’s the breakdown of what you need to make 3-ingredient Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter:
Coconut oil (the miracle oil)
Mini Chocolate Chips (I use these for everything lately)
.. now let’s get crackin’
3-ingredient Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter
- 2 cups of roasted/unsalted peanuts
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- 1/3 cup of mini chocolate chips (dairy/gluten free)
- Blend peanuts in nutribullet until smooth for a few seconds until peanuts are completely broken
- Add coconut oil to nutribullet and blend until smooth and creamy
- Add chocolate chips and mix together with a spoon (do not blend)
- Store in fridge for a week or two