5-ingredient Creamy Squash Pasta made with vegan and gluten-free ingredients for an easy and quick meal!
I made this 5-ingredient Creamy Squash Pasta for a fun project a few weeks ago and you guys went CRAZY over it. I didn’t think so many of you would want the recipe. And because of the numerous messages and emails asking for the recipe, we are finally sharing it today on here.
I shared it on stories one day and over fifty of you made the pasta and tagged me in it on Instagram. It was insane! I loved every single photo and seeing how impactful Instagram stories are was too cool.
We have been eating this pasta recipe so often. It is an easy recipe to make after work or school and requires just five simple ingredients to enjoy it! You only need to dirty one pot, which is the best part so cleaning up is so easy.
This squash pasta is like a macaroni and cheese meets Alfredo sauce except you are evening getting veggies in with the canned pumpkin and arugula on top.
I have made this recipe with canned sweet potato and pumpkin and both times it turned out great. You can also use butternut squash too. Anything in the puree form would be perfect.
I sprinkle some Organic Girl Arugula on top to get some extra greens in the pasta. Plus I sprinkle arugula on pretty much everything. It is a staple in our fridge and I add it to my tacos, pastas, eggs, pizza, everything. It is by far my favorite green and Organic Girl’s is always so fresh and delicious. I find it at my local organic food store here in Hoboken!
When you make this recipe, please keep in mind that the pasta will get a little “hard” when you save the leftovers. When you reheat the pasta just add it to a pot with a little bit of water and it will soften again.
What ingredients you need to make this creamy squash pasta:
- Gluten-free pasta of choice (I love these pasta varieties: quinoa, chickpea, and brown rice)
- Canned pumpkin or sweet potato
- Organic Girl Arugula
- Full-fat canned coconut milk
A few of my other favorite healthy pasta recipes:Print
5-ingredient Creamy Squash Pasta (vegan + gluten-free)
The easiest and delicious 5-ingredient Creamy Squash Pasta made with all gluten-free and vegan ingredients. Such a delicious “cheesy” pasta with no cheese!
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 10 mins
- Yield: 4-5 people 1x
- Category: vegan, gluten-free
- Cuisine: lunch, dinner
- 16 ounces of gluten-free pasta (any variety works! I used this brand’s cassava one! just make sure you have 16 ounces)
- 6 cups water
- 1 cup canned organic pumpkin puree
- 1 cup full fat coconut milk (the cream from the top of the can is best)
- 1 package baby arugula (optional but I love adding it)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Add dry pasta and water to a large pot and bring to a boil (you can add chopped garlic cloves too if you wish)
- Using tongs or a spatula, store and turn pasta frequently over high heat and cook for 10 minutes (until water is absorbed)
- Remove pot from heat and add in pumpkin and coconut milk and mix well until smooth and creamy
- Top with arugula, nutritional yeast and another cheese or df cheese if desired
*This recipe tastes best day of but when reheating, add some water to the pot when heating up again to help the pasta soften again
Thank you Organic Girl for sponsoring this post. It means so much to me to work with brands that I love and who support rachLmansfield!