8-ingredient Paleo Marble Pound Cake made with coconut flour, coconut oil and other simple ingredients for a healthier nut-free pound cake recipe!
Does pound cake remind anyone else of their childhood?
I remember my Mom buying this poundcake loaf for us and me just standing at the counter eating it straight for the loaf pan. It was always so perfectly moist and fluffy and flavorful. The top had this sweeter taste and I randomly preferred it cold over warm (weird, I know).
I haven’t had pound cake in what feels like forever until I made that Paleo Lemon Berry Loaf last year. I was craving a more chocolatey one and whipped up this Paleo Marble Pound Cake made with just 8 ingredients (so easy) and thankfully it turned out just right. Even Jord loved it when he warmed up a slice for dessert later that day. I know when he is actually eating dessert and asking for it, it must be good.
A paleo pound cake for everyone!
This paleo pound cake is also nut-free, which is pretty rare for most paleo recipes. I use coconut four, full-fat coconut milk and Garden of Life’s Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil so I guess you can say I went a little coconut crazy over here. But these ingredients work so perfectly in this recipe! And the cake is sweetened with a little maple syrup. That is the only added sugar unless you drizzle some melted chocolate chips on top like I did.
This recipe made a delicious breakfast, snack and dessert so you can call it a 3 for 1 deal. The marble swirl with a hint of cacao really takes it up a whole new level too. I love the subtle chocolate flavor in the cake from cacao since it doesn’t make it much sweeter either.
Hope you guys love this recipe as much as I do!
A few of my other favorite recipes using Garden of Life products: The Dreamiest Vegan Banana Bread Crumb Cake (gluten-free), Vegan Blueberry Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bars (gluten-free) and Vegan Lemon Blueberry Breakfast Bread (gluten-free + nut-free)
8-ingredient Paleo Marble Pound Cake (nut-free)
- 6 large pasture-raised eggs
- 1/2 cup full-fat coconut milk (from a can - shake it up!)
- 1/3 cup maple syrup (I don't usually bake with honey and coconut sugar is too grainy for this)
- 1/2 cup Garden of Life Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil, softened a bit but not melted (almost like ghee consistency!)
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup coconut flour (I don't recommend another flour here!)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons cacao powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease an 8x8 baking dish well (you can also use a round dish too but baking time may vary)
- In a large bowl, mix together the eggs, coconut milk and maple syrup with a hand mixer or very well by hand
- Add in the coconut oil and vanilla extract and mix again
- Mix in the coconut flour and baking powder and mix so there are no clumps of flour and the batter is smooth and well combined
- Add about half the batter to a smaller bowl and mix in the cacao powder
- Alternate adding the batters to the baking dish then spread evenly with a spatula
- Bake in the oven for 32-35 minutes (or until toothpick comes out clean!)
- Drizzle melted chocolate on top if desired 🙂
*Store in fridge for 5 days or freezer for 2 months
Thank you Garden of Life for sponsoring this post!