Where do I even begin right now?
Peanut butter cup meets chunky monkey meets orgasm in your mouth. Too much? Oh well.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Stuffed Baked Banana Boats are actually a life changing recipe to make. I don’t even know if I want to call this breakfast or snack or dessert because it can be seriously any of them. I wouldn’t judge you for having it for dinner either, it is that good.
Why I haven’t been baking bananas in the oven with nut butter and other toppings for the past 26 years of my life is beyond me. I had a handful of ripe bananas in the kitchen and already had a banana bread made (shocker) so I wanted to make something else besides just freezing the ripe bananas.
I seriously had no idea what I was doing. Wasn’t sure if I should bake the banana with the skin on or off. How long to bake it, etc. I literally planned none of this and it was a completely spontaneous recipe creation. Wasn’t in my content calendar or my to-do list. I feel like all of my favorite recipes are ones I don’t plan. Does this happen to anyone else?
The best part about these is how diverse it can be. You can use really any nut butter you want. You can add chocolate, granola, coconut, nuts, anything! I also think that some gelato or ice cream would be SO dreamy with this. It is probably one of the messiest things to make (and photograph) so you have been warned.
But I have a feeling you will thank me for these later 😉
[bctt tweet=”Chocolate Peanut Butter STUFFED Banana Boats baked in the oven!” username=”rachLmansfield”]
Chocolate Peanut Butter Stuffed Baked Banana Boats
- 1 banana ripe and peeled
- 1.5 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1/2 tablespoon dark chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon unsalted peanuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Gently slice the banana ½ inch deep creating a slit down the center, do not cut too far in our the banana will cut in half
- Form a little boat of sorts with tin foil to keep the banana sitting up with split upright
- Add peanut butter, chocolate chips and peanuts into the banana slit and bake for about 10 minutes
- Enjoy immediately!