Cinnamon Sugar Challah French Toast Sticks!
The BEST Cinnamon Sugar Challah French Toast Sticks! These are the ultimate breakfast or brunch recipe to make when you are craving french toast and they are made in the oven.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins
- Total Time: 30 mins
- Yield: Serves 4 1x
French toast sticks:
Cinnamon sugar topping:
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3–4 tablespoons melted coconut oil (or ghee or butter works too!)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- In a large shallow bowl or dish, whisk together the milk, eggs, vanilla, cinnamon and turmeric powder if using
- Dip each piece of the bread into mixture, soaking for about 30 seconds to 1 minute on each side, allowing excess to drip off then add to baking sheet
- Bake in oven for 10 minutes then flip and bake another 15 minutes (or until golden)
- Mix the coconut sugar and cinnamon in a shallow bowl
- Brush melted oil on each piece of french toast then cover each french toast stick in coconut sugar mixture
- Serve while warm with maple syrup!
*The turmeric powder is totally optional but I love using it as it is an easy way to sneak in turmeric. You can also use it in other things like smoothies, chia puddings, etc.