Collagen Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread Truffles sweetened with dates for an easy grain-free snack!
Balls on bites on truffles on balls.
If there is one thing the food world can never have enough of, it is these dayum ball/truffle recipes. I have shared a handful of these recipes with you guys on the blog like the Banana Bread Bites, Cookie Dough Truffles, Peanut Butter Truffles and even more if you can believe it.
The magic that solid ingredients and a food processor can make, is amazeBALLS (pun intended..) and these Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread are seriously dreamy. They are made with coconut butter, zucchini, coconut flour, cacao, almonds and they are sweetened with dates. The only form of sugar in these truffles comes from the dates. No coconut sugar, no maple syrup, nothing! If you do want some extra sweetness in them, by all means add some in to your liking.
What these zucchini bread truffles do have though is COLLAGEN! Heck ya we are adding collagen peptides to this recipe. I’m not going to even begin to repeat myself on how much I love collagen and how it is a daily part of my life. Seriously though, Vital Proteins is a staple in my pantry and something I use every single day. It is so easy to add to your drinks or eats and I love what it has done for my hair, skin, nails, digestion and so on. I am giving my joints extra love when I use Vital Proteins and I love how many options they have now for collagen peptides. You can use marine collagen, grass-fed beef collagen, bone broth collagen and they even have flavors now.
Get your hands on some collagen peptides friends, it is one of the products I always recommend when anyone is asking for my go-to’s.
Now let’s make some Collagen Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread TRUFFFLESSS
WHAT YOU NEED
Coconut butter (use code RACHL for free chocolate with order!)
Collagen Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread Truffles (grain-free)
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Total Time: 5 mins
Yield: About 12 truffles 1x
- 1/3 cup coconut butter
- 1/2 cup shredded zucchini (I didn’t squeeze moisture out)
- 5 pitted medjool dates
- ¼ cup coconut flour (have not tested other flour)
- 1 tablespoon cacao
- 1/2 cup raw unsalted almonds
- 2 scoops Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides (optional but highly recommend, if you don’t have sub more flour!)
- Optional: cacao nibs and coconut flakes to roll truffles in
- In a food processor or blender add all of the ingredients at once
- Pulse until well combined, the dough should form into a “ball”of sorts and mixture should be easy to roll together into truffle form (it’s ok if there are almond chunks!)
- Roll about 2 tablespoons of dough into your hand and roll in cacao nibs or coconut flakes if desired
- Then line each up in a tupperware or lined tray
- Add to freezer or fridge to set then enjoy!
- *Will stay good in fridge for a week or freezer for a month!
- Category: grain-free, low-sugar, dairy-free
- Cuisine: dessert, snack
Thank you Vital Proteins for sponsoring this post. It means so much to me to work with brands that I love and who support rachLmansfield!