This is the king of all salads. Even if you or someone you know doesn’t like salad, they will 100% like this one. Especially if they are the finger-licking buffalo wing eating type.
I made this for Jord in particular. Even though he is a fan of salad, he also loves buffalo wings and caesar salad. Being the “food natzi” I am, I may or may not be called from time to time, I am always looking for new ways for everyone to enjoy the indulgent foods they love, but in a lighter and cleaner way.
This salad does just that.
Filled with crispy buffalo chickpeas, homemade croutons, onion and tomatoes, this salad is super easy to make. It’s then tossed in Tessemae’s Creamy Caesar Dressing. Did you know they just redid this one too? I didn’t think it could get any more delicious but I was wrong. This dressing is FULL of flavor from Tessemae’s. The first ingredient is even coconut milk! I also used their Mild Buffalo Sauce for the chickpeas.
Most of my pantry is filled with Tessemae’s products and every time I have friends or family over, they try to steal some of them! My brother left my apartment this weekend with a goodie bag of dressings, ha!
Tessemae’s makes all natural dressings, marinades and spreads. It’s a family owned business and almost all of their products are certified organic too! Many are Whole30 approved, vegan and paleo and it all start from a mama trying to feed her sons quality ingredients. How amazing??
Tessemae’s makes it super easy and delicious to still eat your favorite dressings, marinades and more with ZERO guilt.
I also used Tessemae’s products in my Avocado Grilled Cheese, Baked Buffalo Cauliflower Burgers and Sweet Potato Spring Rolls with Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce.. just to name a few.
This salad is the perfect appetizer or light meal. Feel free to add chicken, tofu or shrimp or your favorite protein too! I cannot wait to hear what you think of it 🙂Print
Crispy Buffalo Chickpea Caesar Salad with Homemade Croutons
- Yield: 2-3 salads 1x
- Category: gluten-free
- Cuisine: lunch, dinner
- Buffalo chickpeas:
- 1 can of unsalted chickpeas (or about 1 cup)
- 2 tablespoons Tessemae’s Buffalo Sauce (I used mild)
- 1 head of romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
- Tessemae’s Caesar Dressing (amount up to you)
- 7 slices bread, cut in small cubes (I used Barely Bread grain-free)
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil (or your preferred oil)
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Line baking tray with parchment paper
- In a medium bowl, mix together chickpeas with buffalo sauce
- Bake in oven for about 30-40 minutes, or until crispy
- While chickpeas bake, make croutons
- In large bowl, toss bread, oil and garlic powder
- Grease a medium pan on medium-high heat and add croutons
- Saute on pan for about 10 minutes, until crispy!
- Begin assembling salad by adding lettuce, onion, tomatoes, buffalo chickpeas and croutons
- Add Tessemae’s Caesar Dressing and toss
- Enjoy! *Keep any left over croutons in alright continuer at room temp and chickpeas in container in fridge for 5 days*
Thank you Tessemae’s for sponsoring this post. It means so much to me to work with brands that I love and who support rachLmansfield!