Posted by https://rachlmansfield.com/crispy-zucchini-fries-homemade-mustard/
© 2018 rachLmansfield. All rights reserved.
Loading nutrition data...
Crispy Zucchini Fries with Homemade Dijon Mustard
- 4 medium zucchinis, cut into small slices
- 1 cup gluten-free flour (I also used spelt and it worked)
- 1 cup bread crumbs or crushed tortilla chips
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1.5 cups dry white wine
- 1/2 cup Bonafide Provisions Bone Broth (any flavor)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup brown mustard seed
- 1/4 cup yellow mustard seeds
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Crispy Zucchini Fries:
- Take out three medium bowls and add milk, flour with spices and bread crumbs or crushed chips into their respective bowls
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees and line a baking tray with parchment paper
- Dip each zucchini into the flour mixture followed by milk then crumbs then add to baking tray
- Repeat for each then bake in oven for about 15-20 minutes
- *Will stay good for 5 days in fridge
- Dijon mustard:
- In a non-stick saucepan combine the wine, bone broth, onion and garlic; heat to boiling, simmer 5 minutes then cool (discard solids)
- Add the mustard seeds to the cooked liquid and stir constantly until smooth.
- Blend in honey, oil and salt; heat slowly until thickened, stirring constantly.
- Pour into a glass jar; cool, let sit on counter at room temperature overnight.
- *This tastes best leftover so if you can prep before and enjoy for up to two months! Store in fridge