We are eating kale on the blog today. I know, big things are happening over here.
Kale and I have a love hate relationship. I want to love it and I want to crave it, but I don’t. Therefore I am constantly trying to think of new ways to incorporate it into my weekly meals, especially when it comes to making dinner at home.
This Crunchy Green Goddess Salad has increased my love for kale by like 10000x. I gave it a nice massage with my homemade tahini dressing, cut the stems off and let the kale marinate in dressing for a bit. That part is completely optional, but in my opinion it is so much better that way. Kale salad is the best when it has been marinating in the dressing for at least a few minutes. Kale is way to bitter to eat completely raw, plus it isn’t even good for our stomachs.
The best part about this salad though is the extra CRUNCH factor..
Instead of your stereotypical crouton in a salad, I added Harvest Snaps! Genius idea if you ask me. I pretty much can polish off a bag of these babes in 5 minutes, they are that good.
Harvest Snaps have a solid amount of protein in them too. 5g per serving and 4g of fiber! I don’t see that in a bag of potato chips, do you? I used the lightly salted ones in this recipe. They are even lower in sodium, gluten-free and they are baked to crispy perfection.
After you add these into your salad, you will 100% be addicted. Paired with pumpkin seeds, pine nuts, avocado and cucumber, this Crunchy Green Goddess Salad is seriously in a league of its own. The tahini dressing takes all of 30 seconds to make too and it has an extra zing to it that you will love.
If you make this and love it (which I hope you do), don’t forget to share it with me on social. I can’t wait to hear what you babes think!
Crunchy Green Goddess Salad with Tahini Dressing
- 1 medium/large kale
- 2 tablespoons of avocado oil
- 1 avocado sliced
- 1 cucumber cut in 1/4" slices
- 1/3 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts (or raw if you prefer)
- 1 package of Harvest Snaps (I used lightly salted flavor)
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 1 lemon, squeezed
- 1/4 cup dijon
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup water
- Wash the kale and remove stems
- Begin massaging kale in a large bowl with avocado oil with your hands or tongs, you want to make sure it is massaged well so it softens and isn't as rough when you eat
- Next begin making dressing put adding all ingredients into food processor or NutriBullet and blend until creamy and well combined
- Pour into a small container and set aside
- Begin assembling salad by adding rest of salad toppings into the bowl with the massaged kale
- Add dressing on top and enjoy!
- Dressing will stay good for about 5-7 days as will salad but needs to be left in fridge in airtight container. I think it tastes best after marinating in dressing for at least 30 minutes*
Thank you Harvest Snaps for sponsoring this post. It means so much to me to work with brands that I love and who support rachLmansfield!