When the dark chocolate and peanut butter cravings strike, there is not way to ignore it.
Even when you crave this pretty much every day like I do over here. This has been my go-to dessert combo since I was younger and my Mom would bribe me with Reese’s Pieces and peanut butter cups to behave. Or when I was at the movies and would down a large bag of Reese’s pieces (true story). The obsession is unreal.
Today we are taking this combo up a notch by making them a bit more seasonal. We are making Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Pumpkin CANDIES. Heck to the flipping yes.
These homemade candies are made with all plant-based, grain-free and gluten-free ingredients. Not to mention here is no refined sugar involved and I even added some extra plant protein in them, which helps stabilize my blood sugar a bit when I eat a few of these. I love sneaking in plant-based proteins whenever I can to desserts and sweet snacks. I notice I feel much more full and satisfied after and when you find the right protein powder, it adds a delicious flavor.
Don’t forget to share these candies with me over on Instagram if you make them.
Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Pumpkin Candies
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter + 2 tablespoons for drizzling
- 1/4 cup organic pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup organic plant-based protein powder (add 2 more tablespoons coconut flour if you do not have protein but I highly recommend adding to add extra boost!)
- 2 tablespoons manuka honey or maple syrup
- 4 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 5-6 ounces of dark chocolate - code RACHL for free shipping
- Line a baking sheet or cutting board with parchment paper
- In a medium bowl, mix together the 1/2 cup peanut butter, pumpkin puree, protein powder, honey, coconut flour and pumpkin pie spice until creamy and well combined (you can also use food processor but not necessary)
- Using your hands, form into 9 candies (I did an egg shape but anything works)
- Melt dark chocolate over the stove or in microwave. Depending on chocolate you use, you may need to add coconut oil to melt
- Cover each candy in chocolate then drizzle extra peanut butter on top and add to fridge to set for about 30 minutes
Store in the fridge for up to a week or freezer for a couple of months!