When the dark chocolate and peanut butter cravings strike, there is not way to ignore it.
Even when you crave this pretty much every day like I do over here. This has been my go-to dessert combo since I was younger and my Mom would bribe me with Reese’s Pieces and peanut butter cups to behave. Or when I was at the movies and would down a large bag of Reese’s pieces (true story). The obsession is unreal.
Today we are taking this combo up a notch by making them a bit more seasonal. We are making Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Pumpkin CANDIES. Heck to the flipping yes.
These homemade candies are made with all plant-based, grain-free and gluten-free ingredients. Not to mention here is no refined sugar involved and I even added some extra plant protein in them, which helps stabilize my blood sugar a bit when I eat a few of these. I love sneaking in plant-based proteins whenever I can to desserts and sweet snacks. I notice I feel much more full and satisfied after and when you find the right protein powder, it adds a delicious flavor.
Today we are using ALOHA’s newly reformulated vanilla protein powder, I was able to try! You may remember from the recipe I shared on the blog a few days ago here. I love the current one so much but you guys are going to go crazy when the new one comes out too! ALOHA’s protein powders are organic, made with whole foods and has no stevia, soy or dairy. It has over 18g protein per serving and only 3g sugar too. The vanilla flavor actually tastes like cake and isn’t chalky either!
Don’t forget to share these candies with me over on Instagram if you make them. And once you stalk up on ALOHA, here are a few of my other fave recipes with their protein: Vegan Dark Chocolate Protein Cookie Cakes, Almond Flour Chocolate Chip Pancakes and Banana Bread Protein Waffles.
Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Pumpkin Candies
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter + 2 tablespoons for drizzling
- 1/4 cup organic pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup ALOHA Plant-based Vanilla Protein Powder (add 2 more tablespoons coconut flour if you do not have protein but I highly recommend adding to add extra boost!)
- 2 tablespoons manuka honey or maple syrup
- 4 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 5-6 ounces of dark chocolate
- Line a baking sheet or cutting board with parchment paper
- In a medium bowl, mix together the 1/2 cup peanut butter, pumpkin puree, protein powder, honey, coconut flour and pumpkin pie spice until creamy and well combined (you can also use food processor but not necessary)
- Using your hands, form into 9 candies (I did an egg shape but anything works)
- Melt dark chocolate over the stove or in microwave. Depending on chocolate you use, you may need to add coconut oil to melt
- Cover each candy in chocolate then drizzle extra peanut butter on top and add to fridge to set for about 30 minutes
Store in the fridge for up to a week or freezer for a couple of months!
Thank you ALOHA for sponsoring this post! I love partnering with brands I love and believe in to spread the love about their amazing products!