Happiest of hump days my friends.
I have to admit, Baked Strawberry French Toast is quite the breakfast to be enjoying on a Wednesday but just go with it. Also can I just say how much I struggled naming this recipe? I contemplated so many names and still am.
Strawberry Baked French Toast
Strawberry Baked French Toast Slices
Baked Strawberry French Toast Slices
Ultimately they all pretty much mean the same thing (at least to me) but Baked Strawberry French Toast was the most straight forward in my opinion.
This Baked Strawberry French Toast is also just pretty unique compared to your average french toast recipe.
First of all we are baking french toast as opposed to cooking over the stovetop. Then we are adding some juicy strawberries on top right before to add extra flavor and a little twist on your everyday French Toast. We also let the bread sit and marinate in the almond milk/egg mixture so it is even tastier.
Did I mention that this Baked Strawberry French Toast is also gluten and dairy-free? And it is SO easy to make.
So are you drooling yet? Because I 100% am.
I also made this french toast using Udi’s Millet-Chia Bread. I love their products when I need gluten-free breads, pizza crusts, granolas and more. You make recognize Udi’s from the Dark Chocolate S’mores Pizza last month. Still one of my favorite recipes ever, try it after you make this deliciousness.
Finally, if you do make this Baked Strawberry French Toast, don’t forget to share it with me on social media. Tag me in the photo so I don’t miss it 🙂
[bctt tweet=”Strawberry Baked French Toast Slices made with easy ingredients! #glutenfree” username=”rachLmansfield”]Print
Baked Strawberry French Toast
- Yield: 2-3 people 1x
- Category: gluten-free, dairy-free, vegan-friendly
- Cuisine: breakfast, brunch
- 10 slices of bread (I used Udi’s Millet-Chia bread)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup previously frozen, thawed strawberries, sliced (I haven’t tested with fresh)
- 1.5 tablespoons maple syrup
- Sprinkle of cinnamon
- Splash of vanilla extract
- 1/2 tablespoon coconut oil for greasing
- Pre heat oven to 350 degrees and line baking tray with parchment paper
- Grease parchment paper with coconut oil to prevent sticking
- In a large bowl whisk together eggs, milk, maple syrup, vanilla & cinnamon
- Dip each piece of bread in batter, letting excess drip back into bowl
- Place bread on a single layer on sheet pan
- Let bread soak in the egg mixture for 5-10 minutes
- Top bread with thawed strawberries
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, until egg batter is soaked in & bread is golden brown
- Remove from oven & top with maple syrup
- Serve while hot with berries and yogurt
Learn more about living gluten free! Visit http://udisglutenfree.com/community
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Udi’s Gluten Free. The opinions and text are all mine.