I have a fresh batch of muffins for ya and I have a feeling you are going to love these gems!
It’s no surprise to anyone on Instagram, I am seriously feeling the muffin vibe lately. I have been on a kick of snacking on these Gluten-free Bakery-Style Blueberry Muffins over the past few days and I have a feeling you guys are going to love them.
They’re made with all egg-free and nut-free ingredients plus they are gluten-free and have that bakery-style vibe to them. Extra cakey and filled with organic blueberries and sweetened with a little coconut sugar!
I also add in collagen peptides (totally optional but I recommend it!) for extra protein and nutrients. You can read more on collagen here and why I use Vital Protein’s collagen peptides for everything. I have been using them for years now and they always do the trick.
Ever since I remade my Bakery-Style Banana Spice Muffins and Carrot Cake Muffins, they have me on a serious muffin binge. You recently saw those Paleo Blueberry Crumb Cake Muffins I made and I cannot recommend them enough!
Gluten-free Bakery-Style Blueberry Muffins
- 1 cup unsweetened organic applesauce (or sub same amount mashed banana)
- 1 flax egg (or sub pasture-raised egg)
- 1/4 cup non-dairy milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup liquid coconut oil
- 2 cups gluten-free oat flour (or sub spelt flour)
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 4 tablespoons Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides (I used the vanilla creamer)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 cup organic blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line a muffin tray with liners or grease well
- In a large bowl, mix together the applesauce, flax egg, milk, vanilla extract and coconut oil until well combined
- Mix in the in flour, sugar, baking powder, collagen and cinnamon until smooth and batter is mixed well
- Fold in blueberries and fill each muffin liner with batter
- Bake in oven for 5 minutes on 400 degrees then change temperature to 375 degrees and bake for 20 minutes
- Allow the muffins to cool for a few minutes then enjoy!
*Store leftovers in the fridge for 5 days or freeze them for a couple months
Thank you Vital Proteins for sponsoring this post. I love being able to partner with brands I love and believe in!