Gluten-free Cauliflower Mac & Cheese made with a “cheese-less” cauliflower sauce
This blog post was created in partnership with Brummel & Brown
Move over mac & cheese, there’s a new “cheesy” sauce in town.
Have you guys seen the craze over cauliflower recently? Cauliflower in smoothies, in pizza crusts, cauliflower fried rice. SO much cauliflower.
And today we are making a Gluten-free Cauliflower Mac & Cheese that has the creamiest sauce on top made out of just a simple ingredients. And spoiler alert: cheese is not one of them.
The cheese-less sauce is made from cauliflower, nut milk, onions, garlic and most importantly, Brummel & Brown Organic Buttery Yogurt Spread. You guys may recognize Brummel & Brown from those dreamy Banana Bread Cinnamons Rolls. I am still obsessing over those easy-to-make cinnamon rolls, but today I’m showing you how to use Brummel & Brown Organic Buttery Yogurt Spread in a savory dish!
Brummel & Brown’s Organic Buttery Yogurt Spread is made with real organic yogurt, plant-based oils and it gluten-free, non-GMO and has no artificial flavors or preservatives. I love using it as I would butter or oil in many different recipes. And what better way to use their product than in this better-for-you Gluten-free Cauliflower Mac & Cheese.
What I love about this recipe is how creamy the sauce gets. When I gave a bowl of pasta to Jord to try, he had no idea what is in it and couldn’t believe I didn’t even use cheese to get this flavor and texture.
You can use any pasta or noodles you prefer to go with it. Feel free to get creative!
WHAT YOU NEED
Gluten-free Cauliflower Mac & Cheese
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Total Time: 40 mins
Yield: 3-4 bowls 1x
- 2 tablespoons Brummel & Brown Organic Buttery Yogurt Spread
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 small head cauliflower, chopped into florets
- 1/2 cup broth of choice
- 2 cups unsweetened plain dairy-free milk
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 12 ounces gluten-free pasta of choice
- In a large pot, warm the Brummel & Brown Organic Buttery Yogurt Spread over medium heat
- Add the chopped onion and garlic and cook for about 5 minutes or until fragrant
- Add the cauliflower, broth and almond milk to the pot then bring to a boil
- Cook the cauliflower until soft enough to mash with a fork, for about 15 to 20 minutes
- Remove pot from stove and set aside for a few minutes to cool
- Carefully pour the contents of the pot into a blender and add 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- Blend on high until smooth, for about 30 seconds so it gets creamy
- While that is blending, rinse out the large pot and begin cooking pasta per instructions on the box
- Strain the cooked pasta, add it back to the pot then pour in the cauliflower sauce and stir until everything is evenly coated
- Serve immediately!
- *Will stay good in the fridge for about 3 days. When you reheat, add a splash of water or milk so it gets creamy again
- Category: gluten-free, vegetarian
- Cuisine: dinner, pasta
Thank you Brummel & Brown for sponsoring this post. It means so much to me to work with brands that I love and believe in!