Posted by https://rachlmansfield.com/gluten-free-cauliflower-mac-cheese/
© 2018 rachLmansfield. All rights reserved.
Loading nutrition data...
Gluten-free Cauliflower Mac & Cheese
- 2 tablespoons Brummel & Brown Organic Buttery Yogurt Spread
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 small head cauliflower, chopped into florets
- 1/2 cup broth of choice
- 2 cups unsweetened plain dairy-free milk
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 12 ounces gluten-free pasta of choice
- In a large pot, warm the Brummel & Brown Organic Buttery Yogurt Spread over medium heat
- Add the chopped onion and garlic and cook for about 5 minutes or until fragrant
- Add the cauliflower, broth and almond milk to the pot then bring to a boil
- Cook the cauliflower until soft enough to mash with a fork, for about 15 to 20 minutes
- Remove pot from stove and set aside for a few minutes to cool
- Carefully pour the contents of the pot into a blender and add ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- Blend on high until smooth, for about 30 seconds so it gets creamy
- While that is blending, rinse out the large pot and begin cooking pasta per instructions on the box
- Strain the cooked pasta, add it back to the pot then pour in the cauliflower sauce and stir until everything is evenly coated
- Serve immediately!
- *Will stay good in the fridge for about 3 days. When you reheat, add a splash of water or milk so it gets creamy again