Healthy Fudgy Sea Salt Pretzel Brownie Bites for a vegan-friendly delicious brownie recipe!
These brownies though. Healthy Fudgy Sea Salt Pretzel Brownie Bites, oh my gosh.
Basically little bites of sweet and salty chocolate heaven. I mean just look at that fudggeeeee layer.
My favorite kind of dessert is always something chocolate related. Always has and always will be. I never understand people who order fruit or something and call it dessert. Or a cheese plate, like really? Cheese for dessert? Obviously I am not judging, it is really just something I truly do not get.
But then again people can look at me and not get my endless love affair for chocolate.
The latest love affair is with these Healthy Fudgy Sea Salt Pretzel Brownie Bites. They are vegan and gluten free-friendly and so easy to make, it kills me. Having an easy brownie recipe is basically deadly because that means I want to make them 24/7. Kind of like having a Pressed Freeze down the block. Easy access just gives me an excuse to go every other day (it would be everyday if my bank account wouldn’t deplete).
These brownie bites are topped with Glutino’s Gluten Free Pretzel Twists. Their pretzels were actually the first gluten-free pretzel I have ever had. My Mom first introduced me to them (you are so trendy, Mom). And now we are making the dreamiest fudgy brownie bites with them!
Glutino makes a variety of delicious gluten-free products ranging from pretzels to chips to cookies and more. They also were one of the first gluten-free companies ever (over 30 years in business!). You may recognize their brand from that crazy addicting brittle. Their pretzels add the best salt crunch on top of these bites.
Now let’s get going on baking some more BROWNIE BITES!
WHAT YOU NEED:
oat flour (have not tested subs)
almond milk (any milk works)
medjool dates (mine were small)
Glutino Gluten Free Pretzel Twists
- I use a food processor to break up all of these ingredients. It is very helpful to do this with the dates, you can’t use a Kitchen Aid for them
- I recommend eating these fresh as the pretzel can get a bit soggy if you wait awhile. Alternatively you can top with pretzel twists right before eating
Healthy Fudgy Sea Salt Pretzel Brownie Bites (vegan)
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 25 mins
- Yield: About 30 brownie bites 1x
- Category: vegan, gluten-free
- Cuisine: dessert, brownies
- 1 cup oat flour (I haven’t tested other flours)
- 1/3 cup cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted and cooled
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup creamy almond butter
- 10–14 pitted dates (mine were small)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup Glutino Pretzels
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips
- Place dates in a medium bowl and fill with boiling hot water
- Leave dates soaking in hot water for 5 minutes then strain
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In food processor, add oat flour, cacao, baking powder, applesauce, coconut oil, milk, almond butter, dates and vanilla extract
- Pulse into well combined, it should be a dough consistency! Very sticky
- Grease 8×8 baking dish (or use similar size)
- Pour brownie batter into dish and top with dark chocolate chips and pretzels
- Bake for 15 minutes, let cool for a few minutes then slice and enjoy!
- *Store in airtight container for 5 days or freeze for long
Thank you Glutino for sponsoring this post. It means so much to me to work with brands that I love and who support rachLmansfield!