Posted by https://rachlmansfield.com/healthy-stovetop-vegan-onion-rings/
© 2018 rachLmansfield. All rights reserved.
Loading nutrition data...
Healthy Stovetop Vegan Onion Rings
- 1 cup One Degree Organics Sprouted Spelt Flour (or sub oat flour)
- 1/4 cup tapioca flour
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup almond milk (or your preferred non-dairy milk)
- 2 medium onions, sliced in 1/2 inch thick pieces
- Avocado oil (best for these)
- In a medium bowl, mix together the flour and spices well
- In another bowl add the almond milk
- Heat your skillet (I used cast iron skillet) with a generous pour of avocado oil and turn to medium heat
- Dip each piece of the onion into the milk then into the flour mixture (shaking off any clumps or excess flour) then add to warmed skillet and cook for about 3 minutes and then flip and cook for another 3 minutes or until crispy
- Repeat for all of the onions and then enjoy!
- *You can also keep the oven on and add the cooked onion rings to a baking tray and keep in oven so they stay warm until all the onion rings are cooked