Posted by https://rachlmansfield.com/homemade-vegan-breakfast-granola-bars/
© 2017 rachLmansfield. All rights reserved.
Loading nutrition data...
Homemade Vegan Breakfast Granola Bars
1 hr 25 mins
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup chopped dates or another dried fruit
- 1 3/4 cups quick oats (you want to use smaller-size oats, if you only have old fashioned or rolled, add to blender or food processor and pulse to break into small pieces)
- 1 tablespoon Tropicana Pure Premium orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup creamy unsalted almond butter
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate for drizzle
- Line a 9-inch baking dish with parchment paper
- Add the pecans, almonds and pumpkin seeds to a food processor and pulse until the nuts are broken up into small pieces, almost flour-like
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the contents of the food processor with the oats and cinnamon and mix together
- In a smaller mixing bowl, whisk together the almond butter, orange juice, coconut oil and vanilla extract well
- Pour the liquid ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix well to make sure that all of the dry ingredients are covered. It won't be smooth mixing like cookies or a cake
- Add the mixture to the prepared square baking dish
- Use your spoon to arrange the mixture fairly evenly in the baker, then press down well and firmly so the mixture sets (I used the cap to my almond butter lined with parchment paper)
- Cover the dish and refrigerate for at least one hour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and bake in oven for 20-25 minutes
- When you’re ready to slice, lift the bars out of the dish with the parchment paper
- If you'd like to add a chocolate drizzle, now is the time!
- Slice into bars (you can make squares or rectangles)
- Store in fridge for a week or freezer for a couple months!