No-Bake Cacao Donut Holes for a vegan, low sugar & grain-free snack!
I have made a lot of balls in my lifetime but these may just be one of my ultimate favorites ever.
It really is crazy how the “bliss ball” trendy really took off a year ago. I remember giggling to my immature/perverted self when I first heard about ball snacks. Jord still giggles about it basically every time I offer him some.. oops.
Then I started reading the barre3 handbook for B3 ALL IN and saw they made a no-bake donut holes. Immediately had to try them and fell in LOVE. I modified them a bit in this recipe based off my ingredients in the pantry and to taste but they are so good.
I love carrying them around for a pre or post work out treat. Or just a snack when you want a something sweet yet hearty. I make those Maca Superfood Balls filled with all the goods and pretty much have them in the freezer at all times.
During B3 ALL IN I am finding that my hunger is definitely increased a bit. Working out at barre3 5x a week is no joke. I also have stopped drinking alcohol during this, which really hans’t been too challenging. Besides when I am out with friends or out to dinner and everyone gets a cocktail. Meanwhile I am like “so do you serve Shirley Temples?”
But back to these No-Bake Cacao Donut Holes. They are hearty, chocolatey, and SO simple to make.
WHAT YOU NEED
toasted hazelnuts (or raw, I just only had toasted)
toppings: granola, goji berries, coconut flakes
- These No Bake Cacao Donut Holes freeze really well. You can double the batch and keep half in the freezer. Just defrost in fridge for a bit before eating. I also love them cold
- You can sub any nut butter you like for the almond butter
- You can likely use walnuts or cashews as well to sub the nuts but keep an eye the measurements because it can vary based off that particular nut/seed
- Get creative in the toppings, and to mix things up use a few different kinds. Thanks to Jord for easily getting sick of the same thing, I am constantly trying to maximize all the recipes with new flavors 🙂
No-Bake Cacao Donut Holes
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Total Time: 1 hour 5 mins
- Yield: About 15 balls 1x
- Category: vegan, grain-free, gluten-free
- Cuisine: snacks, dessert
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1/2 cup toasted hazelnuts
- 1 tablespoon cacao powder
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Toppings: granola, goji berries, coconut flakes
- In food processor, pulse together all ingredients (except toppings)
- Until a ingredients are broken up (if too dry add more almond butter)
- Roll into balls about 1-2 tablespoons per ball and add desired toppings (you can also leave as is)
- Place in fridge for about an hour or freezer in airtight container then enjoy!
- *Will stay good in fridge for about a week or freezer for 2 months!