The Most Epic Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake made with almond flour and other healthier ingredients!
If I had to pick one thing to eat for the rest of my life, it is this Paleo Chocolate Chip COOKIE CAKE! Created after my Banana Bread Cookie Skillet.
Imagine if chocolate chip cookies and cake had a bad (weird, I know). And out come this epic and delicious grain-free cookie cake. It is what I will be requesting for my birthday dessert moving forward, and I am looking to reasons to make this again. Besides my endless craving for it because true life I ate the whole thing in less than a week when I made it. It was worth every bite but I had no self control over this recipe.
What I love even more about this cookie cake is that it is SO EASY to make. It doesn’t require twenty different steps or ingredients and also doesn’t have been feeling like a lard afterwards (despite eating basically the whole thing).
It is made with good quality ingredients like coconut oil, coconut sugar, creamy nut butter and I use almond flour as the flour in this cookie cake.
Almond flour is by far my favorite flour to bake with. It is much easier to handle than coconut flour since it doesn’t need as much liquid, and it is more nutritious than using regular or whole wheat flour. I prefer to use almond flour that is made from almonds that have been blanched to remove the skin on the almond. It is pretty much just almonds ground into a fine texture. I use it in a ton of recipes on the blog!
I also love that is makes the desserts both gluten-free, low carb and grain-free. For this recipe I used Bob’s Red Mill Super-Fine Almond Flour. I recommend storing it in the fridge once it is opened so it stays fresher longer!
WHAT YOU NEED
Nut butter (I love this one)
Epic Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake
- 1/2 cup creamy nut butter (I used almond)
- 1/3 cup liquid oil of choice (coconut, avocado and hemp all work!)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 eggs (or sub flax egg)
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups almond Flour
- 2/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips (or break up a chocolate bar)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease an baking dish well (8 inch - 10 inch will both work but bake times will vary)
- In a large bowl mix together nut butter, oil, applesauce, eggs and vanilla extract with a mixer (I used Kitchen Aid hand mixer)
- In another large bowl add almond flour, coconut sugar and baking powder
- Add dry ingredients to wet and mix well and fold in dark chocolate chips
- Pour onto baking dish and bake in oven for 35-45 minutes (it will be crunchy on outside and soft doughy center!)
- Let it cool for 10-15 minutes until cutting! Enjoy on its own or with ice cream and toppings
- *Will stay good for about 5 days on counter or store in fridge for longer, you can also freeze it!
Thank you Bob’s Red Mill for sponsoring this post. It means so much to me to work with brands that I love and who support rachLmansfield!