I am extra excited about this blog post today for a few reasons.
Reason number one, we are making PALEO CHOCOLATE CHIP SWEET POTATO BREAD like what is better than that? This recipe is the ultimate moist (gross but true) and flavorful loaf that doesn’t have banana in it, but instead sweet potato. It is also nut-free and made with coconut flour making it filling, nutritious and won’t spike your blood sugar like crazy.
I can eat this load for breakfast, snack, dessert, or pretty much any dayum time of the day. That’s the good part about baking with real food you guys. You can have your cake and eat it too.
Okay but what else is special about this recipe? You may noticed that there are THREE pasture-raised eggs in this one dreamy loaf. And they’re not just any eggs, but Vital Farm’s pasture-raised eggs.
Vital Farms butter and eggs have been a staple in our home and we use them pretty much daily. Last weekend I made French Toast for breakfast (used an egg), had egg tacos for lunch then had a cookie later for dessert and they all had Vital Farm’s pasture-raised eggs in them. Overkill? Maybe, but my tummy was quite happy.
What I love about Vital Farms is that every single one of their eggs comes from Certified Humane pasture-raised hands. Their hens each get a minimum of 108 square feet of pasture to roam and explore. They also never use any harmful chemicals on the farms since the hens are roaming around in the grass. No pesticides, herbicides or anything at their farms. And they work with over 100 family-owned farms now, it is crazy!
I personally will only eat pasture-raised eggs because I like to make sure the hens my eggs are from have a quality life, are not given any toxins and it’s like eating grass-fed meat. You want to make sure it is the best of the best. Thank you Vital Farms for making this magic happen and providing us with eggs from the happiest hens on the planet!
You will see in the recipe below you can use Vital Farm’s grass-fed butter or you can use liquid coconut oil. Both taste delicious in this Paleo Chocolate Chip Sweet Potato Bread.
Don’t forget to tag me on social when you make this recipe! And try out some of my other favorite loaves: Vegan Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Bread, Paleo Chocolate Chip Banana Bread, Vegan Cinnamon Coffee Cake or One-Bowl Healthy Carrot Cake Loaf.
Paleo Chocolate Chip Sweet Potato Bread
- Yield: 8-10 slices 1x
- 16 ounces sweet potato puree
- 3 Vital Farms Pasture-raised eggs
- ¼ cup liquid coconut oil or melted Vital Farms Grass-fed Butter
- ¼ cup honey or maple syrup
- ¼ cup unsweetened non-dairy milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup + 3 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate (I love this one!)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add the sweet potato, eggs, butter, maple syrup, milk and vanilla extract to a large bowl and mix well
- Add in the coconut flour, baking powder, cinnamon and ginger and mix again
- Fold in dark chocolate then add to a bread pan lined with parchment paper
- Add to oven for 30 minutes then add more chocolate chips, cover with foil and bake for 20 more minutes or until done
- Let the bread cool before slicing!
- *Will stay good in fridge for 5 days or freeze for longer
Thank you Vital Farms for sponsoring this post! It means so much to me to work with brands I love and believe in!