Paleo Chocolate Chunk Zucchini Bread made with gluten-free ingredients like almond flour, coconut flour and coconut sugar-sweetened dark chocolate!
It’s about time there is a zucchini bread recipe on the blog.
This isn’t your traditional zucchini bread recipe because of the ingredients and the texture is a bit different. The whole loaf is paleo and I use almond flour and coconut flour making it a bit more dense then the usually fluffy and cakey zucchini bread. It’s so satisfying and the chunks of dark chocolate almonds and pieces of zucchini make it absolutely unreal.
I use Hu Kitchen’s Dark Chocolate Almond Hunks inside the batter. Yup, that’s right – I chopped up these dreamy chocolatey almonds instead of the usual chocolate bar (don’t worry the chocolate bar is on top!). They add an extra crunch and a little sweet and salty flavor inside! I sprinkle their new Earl Grey Cashew Butter bar on top of the loaf before baking and the melted chocolate and cashew butter together is insane in the best way possible.
Healthy zucchini bread with just the right amount of sweetness
I found this loaf was more of a breakfast/snack for me rather than dessert. It isn’t super sweet. In fact the whole sweetener besides the chocolate is 6 tablespoons of maple syrup – that’s it!
Warm up a couple slices and smear a little nut butter on top and enjoy friends.
Once you devour this loaf, here are a few of my other go-to breads on the blog: Gluten-free Cinnamon Swirl Breakfast Bread, Dark Chocolate Chip Muffin Bread and Gluten-free Chocolate Chip Banana Apple Bread.
Paleo Chocolate Chunk Zucchini Bread
- 4 pasture-raised eggs
- 6 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 cup liquid coconut oil
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup organic shredded zucchini (squeeze out the moisture!)
- 1/3 cup Hu Kitchen Chocolate Almond Hunks, chopped
- 1 Hu Kitchen Dark Chocolate Bar, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a bread dish well or line with parchment paper
- Whisk together the eggs, maple syrup and coconut oil
- Mix in the almond flour, coconut flour and baking powder until evenly combined
- Fold in the zucchini then the dark chocolate hunks well
- Sprinkle the chocolate bar on top and bake in oven for 45-50 minutes or until ready
- Slice and enjoy!
*Store leftovers in fridge for 5 days or freezer for a couple of months. Reheat before eating!