Posted by https://rachlmansfield.com/slow-cooked-mushroom-tacos-spicy-slaw/
© 2017 rachLmansfield. All rights reserved.
Loading nutrition data...
Slow-Cooked Mushroom Tacos + Spicy Slaw
- 1 cup shredded cabbage or your preferred slaw mix (I get mine pre-cut at the grocery store)
- 2 tablespoons avocado mayo (or any mayo, vegan if needed)
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil (or any oil)
- 1/2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon Simply Organic chipotle powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Simply Organic garlic powder
- 14 teaspoon Simply Organic black pepper
- 3 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 package of Simply Organic Mild Taco Simmer Sauce, Organic
- Tortillas of choice
- In a large bowl, add the cabbage, mayo, oil, apple cider vinegar and spices
- Mix well so the cabbage is evenly coated with the seasonings, etc.
- Place cabbage in fridge (I like to make mine a few hours ahead of time so the flavors marinate)
- Heat a large skillet or pan on medium/high heat and add sliced mushrooms
- Pour Simply Organic Mild Taco Simmer Sauce onto the pan, cover and reduce heat to a simmer
- Let the mushrooms cook for about 20-30 minutes so the mushrooms can really soak in the sauce
- Remove from heat and serve with tortillas of choice and spicy slaw! Avocado and fresh greens also go very well with this
- *Spicy slaw and mushrooms will stay good in fridge for up to 5 days in airtight container