I am on a serious flatbread and pizza binge right now you guys.
But not your ordinary flour pizza with tomato sauce and cheese. More like fancy flatbreads made out of fun ingredients like this socca chick pea flatbread with crunchy green salad.
I started using chickpea flour a couple weeks ago when I made that Chickpea Flour Carrot Zucchini Bread and seriously am obsessed. It is so versatile to use for flour and adds a ton more protein and fiber than others. I also love the subtle taste of it and how it can be used for sweet or savory recipes.
This socca bread is made out of just a few ingredients and the toppings are SO GOOD. I used an almond milk cheese from grocery store and made a crunchy green salad with Organic Girl’s new butter lettuce from their True Heart’s line. They just launched the new line and it is delicious. I love using butter lettuce in my salads, on sandwiches, anything! It adds the perfect crunch and green nutrient boost to this recipe.
WHAT YOU NEED
Almond milk cream cheese (or any cheese)Print
Socca Chickpea Flatbread Pesto Pizza with Crunchy Greens
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 15 mins
- Yield: 2-3 soccas 1x
- Category: vegan, gluten-free, grain-free
- Cuisine: dinner, lunch
- 1.5 cups chickpea flour
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Pinch of salt and pepper to taste
- 1.5 cups water
- 3 tablespoons avocado oil
- Toppings of choice, I used:
- 1 package of Organic Girl Butter Lettuce
- 1 avocado, sliced
- Almond milk cream cheese
- Pickled beets
- Whisk chickpea flour and spices together in a bowl
- Slowly whisk in water and avocado oil until combined and smooth (battery will be runny and liquid-y)
- Heat a good drizzle of avocado oil in non-stick 8 inch skillet over medium-high heat
- Add ½ cup batter to the skillet and tilt pan so i cooks evenly
- Reduce heat to medium and cook unitl crisp at edges and golden brown on bottom for about 3 minutes
- Flip socca and continue to cook until second side is browned (abut 3 more minutes)
- Transfer to a cutting board or plate
- Repeat with remaining batter and oil
- Top with desired toppings and enjoy!
Thank you Organic Girl for sponsoring this post. It means so much to me to work with brands that I love and who support rachLmansfield!