I have a thing right now for tostadas. Like a serious love affair happening.
Ever since our trip to Miami in January when I had my first tostada (whoops late to the game), I have been hooked on them. I love the crispy taco-like shell, how versatile they are and straight up easy to prepare.
I also have proudly mastered (in my opinion) how to make tostadas a simple and wholesome food item.
These Split Pea Avocado Mash Tostadas are one of my favorite summery go-to’s. They are fresh, fun and put a spin on the typical tostada recipe. The split pea avocado mash is also a new way for us to eat split peas since I bet most of us just think of split pea soup… am I right? 😉
Adding Pulses to my food (chickpeas, split peas, lentils, etc.) is such an easy way to add more nutritional value to what I am eating. I love the added protein and fiber and how versatile they are. Remember those brownie truffles and chickpea granola? Yup, we use pulses there too my friends.
The Pulses team is currently having a Half-Cup Habit to help motivate us all to eat more of them each week. It is a simple 4-week challenge to eat 1/2 cup of pulses three times per week. You will soon see how delicious and easy they are to cook. They have a ton of delicious recipes for us to try and nutritional info and pointers when you sign up.
WHAT YOU NEED
Split Pea Avocado Mash Tostadas
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 15 mins
- Yield: 8 tostadas 1x
- Category: grain-free, dairy-free, vegan
- Cuisine: appetizer
- 1 cup of cooked split peas, cooled
- 2 avocados
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/3 onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons cilantro
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 radishes, sliced
- Sliced cucumber
- 8 tortillas of choice
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees and line a baking tray with parchment paper
- Spray the tortillas with coconut oil spray or your spray of choice
- Add to oven and cook for 10 minutes
- While tortillas are cooking, add split peas, avocado (pitted and peeled), garlic, onion, lime and cilantro to food processor and pulse until creamy and smooth (almost hummus-like consistency)
- Spread on to tortillas and add radishes, cucumber and any other desired toppings
- Enjoy immediately!
Thank you USA Pulses & Pulses Canada for sponsoring this post. It means so much to me to work with brands that I love and who support rachLmansfield!