Posted by https://rachlmansfield.com/the-best-baked-paleo-apple-cider-donuts/
© 2018 rachLmansfield. All rights reserved.
Loading nutrition data...
Baked Paleo Apple Cider Donuts (vegan)
- 1 cup unsweetened organic applesauce
- 10 pitted medjool dates
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup creamy nut or seed butter
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 1/4 cup almond flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a donut pan with coconut oil
- In a food processor, blend together the applesauce, dates, vanilla extract and nut butter together until dates are almost completely broken up and well blended
- Add in the baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, almond flour and coconut flour and blend again until the batter is thick and well combined (scrape the edges of the food processor too!)
- Add donut batter to the donut pan and evenly spread with a spoon
- Mix together the crumb topping then sprinkle on top
- Bake in oven for 20 minutes then cover with foil and bake for another 8-10 minutes
- Allow the donuts to cool for about 10 minutes then gently remove
*Store leftovers on counter for 5 days or in the freezer for a couple of months!
**You can also make these into muffins. I haven't tested this personally but I'd recommend baking for 12 minutes then checking on them until ready!