The Best Grain-free Chicken No-Parmesan
Grain-free Chicken No-Parmesan made with healthy ingredients for an easy and quick weeknight dinner. All gluten-free and dairy free-friendly. Plus can easily be made Whole30.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins
- Total Time: 35 mins
- Yield: 4 1x
- 4 (8-ounce) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 large pasture-raised eggs
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup tapioca starch
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grond black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil (or avocado oil)
- 1 cup store-bought marinara sauce
- 1 (8-ounce) ball fresh buffalo mozzarella, drained and torn into 1-inch pieces (sub dairy-free cheesier to make paleo or omit for Whole30)
- Fresh basil leaves for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs
- In a separate bowl, combine almond flour, tapioca starch and spices
- Dip a chicken breast in the egg and flip to coat both sides, shaking off excess liquid then immediately dredge in the almond flour mixture to coat evenly all over. Shake off excess and set chicken on clean plate. Continue until all the chicken is coated.
- In a large oven-safe skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Cook chicken until golden brown and cooked through (4-5 minutes on each side).
- Remove the pant from heat and ladle 1/4 cup sauce over each piece of chicken and add the cheese on top if using.
- Transfer pan to oven and cook for 12-15 minutes until cheese is bubbly! I also broiled for 1 minute.
*Store leftovers in fridge for 5 days